Thinking about a reformat...

Place for info and feedback/suggestions on the website or forum.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Fellas,
I've been thinking about reformatting the look and feel of this board and the web site. Please let me know your thoughts on the idea. Thanks!
ourbigbluehouse

Post by ourbigbluehouse »

I know that I haven't been around long but I have found it to informative and at times humorous. I found out how to fix the DA and recoil quirks. Best of all it made me feel much better about the largely uninformed choice i made at a gun show was a dood one. Keep up the good work
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Yeah Dick, keep up the good work.

I hope that re-formatting won't lose the posts. Well - some I wouldn't mind losing some ...

It would be nice to see a better heading - the top of the page. That's art and I can't post any other advise on what that should look like. And like others have noted, I think the name of the forum could be changed to "The P-64 Forum", without the "unofficial". The site has gained enough respect to do that.

What else did you have in mind?
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

dickfunk,

Sounds like a good idea. You know, I think we are getting more "hits" than the Makarov Forum now. I can't believe how well this Forum is doing; we have a great bunch of folks, and a lot of "guests" checking us out.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

There is old saying
if it aint boke dont fix it.
reprisejim

Post by reprisejim »

anj, I am with you. I like the format and the look.

Thank you!!!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

dickfunk,

I would hate to see things here go the way they did on GunsAmerica and Gunboards.com, yes they did eventually get most of it straightened out, but it ain't the same anymore, and everyone had to start all over again from Zero. I do appreciate your asking us our opinion.

I'm reminded of a old neighborhood tavern and restaurant that was some what plain and behind the times, but was kept clean, the food was good, the service was good, the beer was good and cold and the employees were friendly, and everyone enjoyed going there, it was a great hang out for softball teams and people could bring their kids, it was also known as a LEO bar and business was really good. Then the owners decided to fix the place up really nice, put in a beer garden for the softball players, changed the decor, and took out the old juke box and replaced it with cable music, and added more TV's etc etc etc. The placed closed in 15 months. I owned that old neighborhood tavern, sold it to two couples I knew well. They kept the same employees, same menu, same prices , same everything, but when they renovated everything changed and in 15 months they closed the tavern, its now a pawn shop.

This has nothing and yet everything to do with this board for me, I have said this many times, "This is my HOME Board", I know because of the P-64 and the people here and the way you run it that it will stay popular and probably keep growing regardless of what changes you make, but for me, I like my home here now, and I realize I am of the older generation and set in my ways, and I can see where some changes would improve this site, but please don't go overboard like the old tavern mentioned above. I will respect your decisions and the views of the majority. I wish you and this board only the very best.

Hayden Siria

[aka] papabear
POINT SHOOTER
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

I agree with the " if it ain't broke don't fix it" theory. or is it "if it ain't broke take it apart and see why"? ;D
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Well gents, I was mainly talking about a change of theme - I suppose I should have been more specific. Truly "reformatting" is simply not an option. All these posts, members, and statistics are very dear to me and I wouldn't let them go for any reason, especially one that can't be justified in any way. Now, that I have your input, I'll use it. Thank you!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Thinking about a reformat...

Post by Curly1 »

[quote="Bree And like others have noted, I think the name of the forum could be changed to "The P-64 Forum", without the "unofficial". The site has gained enough respect to do that.

Yup, gets my vote also.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary