N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

AIM has STAR B's

Post by anjdrifter »

decisions decisions decisions.
I have a Star BM that is really nice now I have to decide if I want the full size version as well .. As I am replying to this I am fondling the star with my hand on the phone to aim.. .gotta think this out more Just was leaving to go to one of my favorite shops...
These Stars are super weapons plus the WW11 vintage is really a draw...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

AIM has STAR B's

Post by normsutton »

right now I'm trying to buy a new car so don't think I be buying any guns for awhile
here is a pix of the one thinking on buying OTD price is $17579.00

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

AIM has STAR B's

Post by anjdrifter »

Norm go for it...I had the 65 1/2 fastback,1st one, model in silver loved it but the new ones are so much better. (made) I had gotten a 2000 mustang for Lynne(since traded in.)
They sure look so retro and so cool ..even I am tempted to get rid of my Sport Trac.
Now will start something here the Fords are really quite a well made and thought vehicle.
Last edited by anjdrifter on October 3rd, 2007, 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

AIM has STAR B's

Post by normsutton »

AL

I had a 69 and 79 haven't bought a car since 93 and that was a 79 EL Cameno and just sold my 72 VETT

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on October 3rd, 2007, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
redfestiva

AIM has STAR B's

Post by redfestiva »

Norm,
I love those new Mustangs, hope you get it. I love my little ford too. :)

carguy
Elite member
Elite member

AIM has STAR B's

Post by carguy »

I had a Silver 99 convertible, 5 speed, GT! Man could that thing fly! :-*

When my son got his drivers licnese, started private high school with his sister in private college....off it went to pay the bills!

Fun, fun car. I know Ford hasn't made a penny in about a dozen years (sales were 21% down Sept 07 vs Sept 06)...depend too much on trucks and the gas crunch is killing them. Buy they do make some nice vehicles!

Go for it Norm! 8-)

I've heard these Star's are awesome. Two members of a local forum have purchased them and the condition has been described as "prefect". The photos look fabulous! I just can't justify $300 as everyone here is saying that it is somewhat high but AIM may just be raising the bar based on the condition they appear to be in.
Last edited by carguy on October 3rd, 2007, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

AIM has STAR B's

Post by anjdrifter »

AL

I had a 69 and 79 haven't bought a car since 93 and that was a 79 EL Cameno and just sold my 72 VETT

NORM
I had 71 vette for a while then had 97 .liked the 71 better the 97 tracked bad on Pa turnpike[I used to commute from jersey to cleveland once a month.) just sold my 79 dodge ramcharger. really like the el camino ,but never had one.
Hey I enjoy my milsurp more now and a heck of lot cheaper
you will love the new mustangs at least my 2 buddies love theirs.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

AIM has STAR B's

Post by anjdrifter »

Carguy

I've heard these Star's are awesome. Two members of a local forum have purchased them and the condition has been described as "prefect". The photos look fabulous! I just can't justify $300 as everyone here is saying that it is somewhat high but AIM may just be raising the bar based on the condition they appear to be in.
They are really good the BM goes for around 225 to 250 and usually not as good shape,(just saw one an hour ago at shop)
this one one is the ww11 and shape looks good. Acouple of years ago SOG had em for 259.00 not as nice looking..
still thinking of getting one.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

AIM has STAR B's

Post by carguy »

Check out this thread and see the pics of the condition they arrived it!!

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?t=4317

I beleive "Dave the Knome" is "Milsurp 4 Me" from the SKS forum that we both are aquainted with and is local to me. He posted some of the same pics in a local forum I belong to.

Go for it Norm, buy the Star and the Mustang...damn I'm in the wrong business!! :o
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

AIM has STAR B's

Post by garry »

I was drooling over that Star BM a couple weeks ago , I had a chance at one for $225 and Debby(wife) said,"Now , You could suprise me with a birthday present like THAT".
I shoulda went back the next day and put it in layaway or something.

Hey Norm~ We are also paying on a Chevy van that will take a few years to pay off still. That Mustang looks very sharp! I admire your color choice! Very Classy! I personally prefer that El Camino more tho ! Here is my old one . It had a 350 4 bolt main engine that was bored out .40"over , roller-rockers,I spent over $1500 on the engine alone as a kid . Goodyear Eagles, Mucie "Rock crusher" 4-speed ( I had to dig 4 postholes in rocky dirt for my Uncle to earn it) Holley 650 4-bbl. etc... , It was so fast that i had my license taken away for 6 mos. geeez enough bragging. Here it is: G
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

AIM has STAR B's

Post by anjdrifter »

OK I am getting worser and worser and worser..
Since the Aim link was posted I have been going back and forth about it.. Yesterday I went to one shop to check a star they had but it was the same(BM) as mine and mine was better.
So today I went to another shop that is really neat and does deal mostly milsurp everything.jet caponys with an occasion truck mounted radar tower or a ww2 floating mine included. also specializes in Russian and German. I dont like to go there because I always come with something. well anyway I have been toying with getting a P1 because the P38 I have has all the right markings and no import markings.was even looking at SOG s P1 offering this AM, well anyway here I am and he had a p38 police
not a P1 with a ww2 holster(older and not issue for the gun which is postwar.) anyway 250.00 otd with 2 extra clip/mags. So now I have the ww2 and this and a total of 8 clips.Good thing besides getting that ,I now have a standing offer on my old Mercedes(dog mobile) for twice what I paid for it. is that rationalization or what.
PS also came home with 5 boxes of norinco green box 8.00ea
4 boxes MFS for 8.95 ann 1 box old old fiocchi for 12.
Last edited by anjdrifter on October 4th, 2007, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

AIM has STAR B's

Post by papabear »

Oh no, no way can you sell the old Mercedes dog mobile, that would be mean treating your two dogs that way after all those loving years they have faithfuly devoted their existance to you. You big old bad meany.......... :o how could you do that to them?
Course you did say standing offer, at least you could wait till they pass. I'll have to send them more sweet taters for them to chew on to help them get over the lost of they "Dog Mobile"........... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

AIM has STAR B's

Post by anjdrifter »

I couldn't sell that out from under them.. also hoping they out last me.
Yes it was a standing offer but will pass on it.. this spring had all the air redone for those pampered PIA's..hey the babies just finished the sweet tators 2 days ago.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

AIM has STAR B's

Post by papabear »

To order more sweet taters their site addy is on the bag.........

papabear
POINT SHOOTER