zastava 32NAA update

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

zastava 32NAA update

Post by dolang1 »

This may not be important to all of the P-64 people, but to the Milsurps in general, I received an email from George at Makarov regarding the 32NAA barrels for the Zastava 32ACP pistols.

"We are planning on barrels for these as soon as the magazines
and other spare parts are imported. No time frame yet when they
will be ready, but all the ground work is done. I even have a few
prototypes (no they are not for sale) and the conversion works
great."

This was good news to me since I own a Zastava and have anticipated this conversion for a long time. Later Don
triehl27

zastava 32NAA update

Post by triehl27 »

I'm still waiting on the mak version.

I do see one critical errot in the zastava version. 32naa is a necked down .380 case which is considerably larger then the stock .32acp case.
So i find the 32naa conversion kinda improbable. Mags, breechface, extractor, and firing pin would not match up. Granted i am not familar with the Zastava.
.25naa is a 32acp case necked down to .25, could this be what they were talking about?
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

zastava 32NAA update

Post by dolang1 »

As I understand it the model 70 zastava is 32acp. The model 67 zastava is 380. All parts on the two guns are interchangable except the barrel and the magazines. Writing this made me realize that I bought a zastava because I was waiting on the Mak version. Doesn't take much to convince me to buy another gun, especially an inexpensive one.
novgarod

zastava 32NAA update

Post by novgarod »

Hi, dolang1

I quickly bought a Zastava Model 70 .32 when I heard that the BATF decided not to permit importation of a second shipment due to insufficient points; George (Makarov.com) then backed off on its .32 NAA conversion since more pistols would not be coming in. What make him change his mind - is the Zastava being imported again?

This stretches the CZAK topic, but we did have questions on a thread about the P-64 scoring enough points for importation into the US. Luckily, our forum has not dealt with a BATF double-think and our P-64 supply is not dwindling thus far. I need one with the round hammer, one in chrome, one with Zeeborg grips, one that shoots a perfect 50 score in Bartos' competition . . . .