P-64 vs. P-63

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by carguy »

Hey Anj...with it's rubber on do you feel...protected?? :P

Sorry, I just couldn't let it slide, and anj knew what he was doing he's just waiting to see who will make a remark first. :o
Last edited by carguy on September 13th, 2007, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by papabear »

tmann11 ,

I don't own a PA-63, but I have shot one, maybe 50 rounds, I didn't care for it, for me it was to light and wasn't as accurate as the P-64. Granted it would be easier maybe to carry becaus it is lighter, but for me it was harder to control, so I didn't get one. As for ugly, got to differ with nbender on this one, those pics look really nice to me, but for me not nice enough to buy one.

nbender,

Good thing you ducked........ ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by papabear »

Sorry, I just couldn't let it slide, and anj knew what he was doing he's just waiting to see who will make a remark first. :o
Ok, I'll go first, ANJ didn't want the PA63 with Dennis Grips to breed with the Zee grips and Chris Grips........ :'( I wonder what those grips would look like........ :o

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 13th, 2007, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by anjdrifter »

yup and thought it would be you and Papabear :P :P
Last edited by anjdrifter on September 13th, 2007, 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by nbender »

I'll have to remember to do that more often ... what a way to wake up the membership, huh?

I take it all back. Great photos in defense of that most handsome pistol, the PA-63.
9x18shooter

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by 9x18shooter »

I had a pa-63 for a while. did the spring change and put on some of Dennis' short grips in walnut (black stain). It was OK but I really like the p-64 better for various reasons. The pa-63 now sits in a display case where my 4th p-64 sat taunting me for a few weeks.

It is a pretty flat and light gun for carry though

Sorry NB. I had to throw a pic in too.... :P

mikeh1

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by mikeh1 »

Ok, I knew I was in for it. Here come the pictures of the good looking PA-63s.

Real nice grips Mike - what kind of wood is that?
Yes, you did ask for it :P
The grips are walnut, made by Dennis
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK,
Here I am again the loan holdout for the PA-63. I love the gun as much as my P64 pistole's. The Titanium frames are tough , there is no 9x18 94gr ammo out there that is going to compromise the frame to the best of my knowledge. Taurus , S&W etc. use the material in their large caliber pistole's and revolvers, my guess is that the frames will be around for a long time. The two draw
backs of the PA-63 are the length and height which makes it harder to conceal than the P64, but it carries very nicely in a gun pack and you get on extra round for protection. My guess is that the extra length slightly jacks up the muzzle velocity also.
G.R.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by gunneyrabbit »

OK,
Here I am again the loan holdout for the PA-63. I love the gun as much as my P64 pistole's. The Titanium frames are tough , there is no 9x18 94gr ammo out there that is going to compromise the frame to the best of my knowledge. Taurus , S&W etc. use the material in their large caliber pistole's and revolvers, my guess is that the frames will be around for a long time. The two draw
backs of the PA-63 are the length and height which makes it harder to conceal than the P64, but it carries very nicely in a gun pack and you get on extra round for protection. My guess is that the extra length slightly jacks up the muzzle velocity also.
G.R.
mirother

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by mirother »

G.R.
You are not alone. I love both the P-64 and the PA-63. There are more similarities than differences. One thing to notice--while the price of the P-64 goes up, the price of a PA-63 holds its own or even comes down. CENTERFIRE SYSTEMS and I believe others have been selling the Hungarian for just under $100. Now if you can find even one P-64 for that, please let me know.
tmann11

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by tmann11 »

Thanks! I think you just convinced me to invest in one. Those are damn good looking pistols!!! I guess after three P-64's it's time to get something a little different.

Thanks again.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by gunneyrabbit »

One other thing to consider, if you don't like the PA63 you could always sell it and pony up another seven or eight hundred bucks and buy the Walther PP. The PA63 is an exact copy and every bit as good a gun, but you would always have the name appeal of owning a Walther. :)
Gunney Rabbit.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by carguy »

I had a chance to pick up a Walther PP in 7.65mm that someone had Duracoated. Made it into a shooter and nothing else, for $200. The seller jeked me around with his FFL that was going to ship it and refuysed to ship it to a C&R holder. He said out of state it was illegal. I played the game for a while then told him to keep it...I probably should have paid the $35 fee and be done with it. No I can't get a PA-63 as they aren't approved in Ma and I lost the PP. (Who will be the first?)
volfandan

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by volfandan »

I had a chance to pick up a Walther PP in 7.65mm that someone had Duracoated. Made it into a shooter and nothing else, for $200. The seller jeked me around with his FFL that was going to ship it and refuysed to ship it to a C&R holder. He said out of state it was illegal. I played the game for a while then told him to keep it...I probably should have paid the $35 fee and be done with it. No I can't get a PA-63 as they aren't approved in Ma and I lost the PP. (Who will be the first?)
carguy,

So the PA-63 is NOT approved in MA, but the P-64 is??? That's kinda weird!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

P-64 vs. P-63

Post by carguy »

No the P-64 is not nor is the Bulgarian Makarov and I have one of those. If you can find someone that already owns a non-compliant handgun in state...it can be sold person to person without an FFL to whom the list of compliant handguns is directed. The trick is finding someone that has one for sale. I have found a couple of Bulgarians, 1 P-64 and 1 PA-63 but it was in terrible condition and too expensive.

If someone moved to Mass they could bring their collection of whatever they own compliant or not and once licensed here register them, then own, carry, trade or sell whatever they want as it would be legally in state. That is how many do get in state.

The compliance law is strictly for FFLs so I couldn't buy a P64 or PA63 without an FFL from a distributor because federal law requires an FFL in all inter-state sale of handguns and the FFL can't sell or transfer it to me as it isn't on the "list".

I hope I made it more clear not more complicated? ???

What no PP jokes? Where's Garry, Anjdrifter, Papabear when you need them? ;D
Last edited by carguy on September 27th, 2007, 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.