9/11

Info, pictures, advice...
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

9/11

Post by grayfox »

Let us all say a prayer & remember this date...and all our great troops keeping us safe.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

9/11

Post by bzinggg »

Amen! God Bless America, and the dedicated people who serve her!.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

9/11

Post by carguy »

God bless them all.

I flew out of Boston on September 10, 2001 on American Airlines to Las Vegas. Was stranded there until I drove home 4 days later, in the last rental vehicle available at the airport, with 3 coworkers.

Driving home was the most tramatic, exciting, patriotic totally emotional thing I have ever done.

I saw children with American flags lining the road.

I saw fighter jets patroling the sky (some 1 mile up and others 500 feet off the ground).

I met rescue workers at a highway rest stop that were organizing in a portable command center in Pennsylvania that were working the crash sight of United 63 a couple of miles away.

I saw the beauty of the landscape of our country, how awe inspiring it truly is...a desert that seemed to stretch forever in the morning, so high into the Rockies at midnight that the big dipper spread across the sky from horizon to horizon and fields of corn by noon that never seemed to end.

I saw the smoke rising from ground zero while dropping off a coworker across the harbor in NJ.

As they say, let us never forget, I know I won't.
drboomboom

9/11

Post by drboomboom »

God Bless the U.S.A.

Also bless those who died and those who lost loved ones on that tragic day.

Let's also make sure we always remember those lost at the Pentagon, and especially the heroes who foiled the fourth hijacked flight.
redfestiva

9/11

Post by redfestiva »

Carguy,
I can't imagine your thoughts having flown out of that area (or any other area) on the day before 9/11/01. It certainly left a lifelong impression on every American old enough to know what was happening. Something unusually happened here on 9/11/01 I'd llike to share with you guys.
Looking back on it now it seems a bit funny but on the eve of 9/11/01 something unusual happened. After what had just happened in PA and in NY and at the Pentagon, who knew what was possible right? I live 3 miles from Wright Patterson Air Force base and that evening about 5 or 6 pm loud blasts shook the foundations of the houses on my street. People ran outside their homes to investigate and 2 fighter jets were screaming overhead back and forth and then another earth shaking blast would go off. Off course we all thought " what are they shooting at or what are they doing, dropping bombs?". Turned out that they were doing an excersise that typically is not allowed , they were doing low level flyovers and breaking the sound bearier over and over, all above residential neighborhoods. This was the explainations the news gave. I thought the crap was hitting the fan and that Wright Patt. was under some kind of attack or something. At that altitude breaking the sound bearier sounds like the windows are going to blow right out of yoiur house. I tell ya people on my street were ready to dig in.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

9/11

Post by himmel »

Amen, and amen, Dr. and all...
Last edited by himmel on September 11th, 2007, 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milsurpcop

9/11

Post by milsurpcop »

I pray we never forget what happend or forget those who lost their lives on that day and those in days since that are serving our counrty. May God Bless the USA.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

9/11

Post by carguy »

It is heartfelt to know everyone does remember the events of 9/11, those who sacreficed their lives then and in the war on terror that has ensued ever since.

I have read of articles from other countries also remembering the cowardly attack but I have never seen any memorial on any foreign soil to those killed in 9/11.

I was very impressed with the following photos.

I'm half Italian so I have a soft spot for everything Italian but this makes me feel good as an American.

"Gratzi Italia"
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

9/11

Post by papabear »

Carguy,

Il suo molto benvenuto il mio amico

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

9/11

Post by carguy »

Huh ???

I can say meatball, tomatoe, good by, thank you, good evening, merry christmas and a whole bunch of not nice words.

Other than that I'm illiterate. :'(
Last edited by carguy on September 11th, 2007, 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

9/11

Post by himmel »

"translating" based on my knowledge of Spanish, and musical terminology, I think he said "You're very welcome my friend" Is that right, Papabear??
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

9/11

Post by trent »

I'm very glad that the day passed without any "events" and I'm sure we have to thank out service/law men and women for that, they stop things that we will never know about and that people take for granted as if there was no threat at all.