Labor Day Shoot comment thread

Info, pictures, advice...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

I forgot all about the donation...please if you can make afford something do so to insure we can stay here and continue doing this fun stuff!

Please someone post and let us know if Paypal is okay, unfortunately I'm set up ther and continue to use it...damn ebay... :(

Papabear and Anjdrifter...I need top remind you who you (we) are every once in a while. And believe me I ani't no rock (that's Troy) I'm more Santa Clause (a bug bowl of jelly) but I'm working to change that. No pissin on the carguy rock...okay? :'(
drboomboom

Post by drboomboom »

Thanks again, guys, very friendly place here. BTW, when I was hung with the name DrBoomBoom it had nothing to do with my shooting ability, as y'all can tell, it's because I play bluegrass on the doghouse bass....boom, boom, boom, boom.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

drboomboom,

You got my attention now for sure, Bluegrass....... :-* bring it on, we like it here, I'm just a ole back porch setting kinda guy. I like to listen to Bluegrass while I'm cleaning my guns......... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Grass is green in Massachusetts as long as you can afford the water bill.

And what the heck is a doghouse bass (Drboomboom you're in it now my friend)...and Papabear I just knew you'd be involved in this as sure as a flea bites the ass of a ...oh I can't make up those silly sayings, I guess you got to be born with that gene. :P
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

It goes, "As sure as a flee bite on the ass of a bluetick hound"

Here a pic of one, I had one years ago, but him and coon got run over by a darn ole train while he was chasing that coon.

By the way, Kentucky is called the Bluegrass state, home to beattiful horses and fast women........... :-/

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 4th, 2007, 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Papabear,

Isn't it fast horses and beautiful women (be careful of your response, think about Mrs. Papabear or as I like to refer to her...Mamabear). :D

A couple of years ago I had to put down my beautiful 8 year old English Springer Spaniel and couldn't live for very long without another dog. So we checked out rescue centers to adopt and almost adopted a blue tick hound. I just couldn't get past the howling that he did as opposed to a plane old bark!! We ended up adopting a pair of 10 month old Daschunds (I grew up with one and my family surprised me with them). But I was very close to becoming a good ole boy with my bluetick hound. ;D
Last edited by carguy on September 4th, 2007, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

OOOOHHHH!

All I could think of was an upside down wash basin with a wire run through it and attached to the top of a broomstick.

Who's got the moonshine jug to blow in...? :P
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

carguy,

I'm not sure where "drboomboom is located, but here in Ky the doghouse base is a "bass fiddle or some call it a double bass", and I think it has other names as well. Carguy, you are just gona have to get out more and discover America......... ;D

I got several of the moonshine jugs, dating back to the late 1800's.

By the way, good shooting ole buddy, you came through......... ;D

papabear
Last edited by papabear on September 4th, 2007, 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Papabear,

Isn't it fast horses and beautiful women (be careful of your response, think about Mrs. Papabear or as I like to refer to her...Mamabear). :D
I pretty sure you haven't head me and "Mamabear's story" but we dated in high school, I was two years older than her, and I went of to college on a football scholarship, later I went in the service and before going overseas, I stopped by to see her, but she was already married and had two kids. Long story short, we met up 38 years later and now have been married going on 6 yrs. She must have been pretty fast for it to take me 38 years to catch up to her. She is use to my stories and jokes. The beautiful horses and fast women is just a saying down here, it don't mean nothing!!!

paspabear
Last edited by papabear on September 4th, 2007, 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

carguy and Papabear the fast thing I heard when I moved to Kentuck was beautiful hortses and fast women....than rock and hard place...
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Nice story Papabear...there must be something to fate...and I stand corrected...beautiful horses and fast women. Gotta get me down there sometime!! ::)
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

Anj,

How about "A cow p_ssing on a flat rock"? and "Nervous as a cat in a room full of rockin' chairs"?

I love that stuff!! ;D

(Whoops! I see on page two somebody beat me to the flat rock.)

By the way, guys, is it "Tighter than a rusty nail" or "Tighter than a rusty nut"? Which was the origional? Anybody know?
Last edited by bzinggg on September 4th, 2007, 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I always heard it tighter then a tick a@#...but that might not be the whole 9 yards..
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by bzinggg »

I get it! He must be pretty d_amned tight, there, or he wouldn't be swelled up like that after he eats... ;D
Last edited by bzinggg on September 4th, 2007, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

it could about as useless as a screen door in a submarine or may be so dumb it thinks asphalt is fanny trouble , but I think it all sucks canal water

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage