survival choices

Info, pictures, advice...
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

survival choices

Post by anjdrifter »

Ok I was thinking of one of life’s big problems and how I would solve it. Need some help here?
No winners or losers for this and no prizes given for this only intellectual curiosity.
What if you were stuck on the proverbial desert island and you could take only two fire arms with you for protection and survival. What would they be?
My first thought was my IJ super seal 22 and my Marlin 22 plinster. Choose those for light weight, easy carry and ammo packing considerations. They are good for both needs in most cases.
Then I thought no I would take my Ruger MK1 and the Ranger I have again same reason.
Then I thought how about my 1911 and the Henry golden boy in 45, again same ammo
I think same ammo is a deciding factor in any choice.
Of course then thought about my StarBM and my Hi point Carbine both in 9mm. since I don’t have a Browning HP the Star would have to do it.
See it is not an easy decision so I ask for input and ideas and thoughts just for the heck of it. I don’t see any of us being left marooned any where soon so this could be interesting for us. Notice I couldn’t include any of our favorites since the ammo is different for pistole and rifle and or carbine but that is important to me..
Last edited by anjdrifter on September 3rd, 2007, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

survival choices

Post by bzinggg »

space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

survival choices

Post by space »

AK-47 and Savage .17hmr bolt gun.

AK for protection from pirates (nothing too big on a desert Island) and the .17hmr for sniping seabirds for food. (assuming ammo is free - .17hmr ammo is as portable as .22lr. Else take a ruger 10/22 instead)
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

survival choices

Post by devlinfaust »

Mossberg pump 12 gauge and a Kel-Tec 32 (or a shovel).
volfandan

survival choices

Post by volfandan »

DEFINATELY my Egyptian Maadi AK-47, and probably my 1911 .45. BUT....big fat but....Devlinfaust brought up a good point: He mentioned a shotgun. If you have only a rifle and a pistol, and birds comprise a high population for food....then you'd better have a shotgun. So, either my (Belgian) Browning Auto-5 or my Winchester Model 12 - flip a coin, they're both built like tanks!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

survival choices

Post by normsutton »

OK this is a desert island right

then I take one of these

http://home.freeuk.net/4-10/nostalgia26.html

or one of these

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/ga ... 0/2344.htm

Sevens also made this rifle and shot gun in other cal's. and gag's too I am told
like the 22 Hornet over a 20 gag

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

survival choices

Post by bzinggg »

PB,

;D

Thank God for a guy with a sense of humor!! :)

;)
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

survival choices

Post by papabear »

bzinggg,

I love your choice, you would never run out of ammo...... :)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

survival choices

Post by bzinggg »

Whoops, what happened?
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

survival choices

Post by papabear »

bzinggg,

I deleted my post and re-posted cause I wanted to say something about you sling-shot.

Here is what I posted first.................... ;D ;D ;D

I am still smiling over the your choice

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

survival choices

Post by papabear »

anjdrifter,

I have been relaxing all day, and now you are making me think, if I get a headache over this, you'll have heck to pay........ ;D

I don't really own rifle and pistol that shoot the same ammo besides a Marlin model 60 [.22lr.] with a 4x32 scope and Ruger 941 .22 mag, I could shoot .22lr in it I guess and that would be fine for small game and such, but not large enough for the two legged varmints.

Sooooooo, I would have to go along with the idea of a shotgun and pistol, so my choice would be my Remington Wingmaster pump w/20" bbl with the plug out, and my BHP 9mm. However, I would have to cheat on this two gun theory and have my favorite BUG gun, my P-64 with the clipdraw, I don't leave home without it.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

survival choices

Post by bzinggg »

bzinggg,

I deleted my post and re-posted cause I wanted to say something about you sling-shot.

Here is what I posted first.................... ;D ;D ;D

I am still smiling over the your choice

papabear
I was just thinking that the only way I would end up on a deserted island is if I fell off the danged boat! ;D

With this choice, at least I wouldn't be dragged under and drown!
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

survival choices

Post by trent »

hummm, only 2... well I'll only go with stuff within my house hold, assuming I could have plenty of ammo for them I'd take my Nagant 91/30 and the Ar-7 survival rifle. The 91/30 would be excelent for any kind of big game (including two legged kind... though I wouldn't concider them game >:( ) and could be used from pretty extreme distances (even with no scope). and the ar7 is water proof/ floats when packed up, and can take .22 shot shells along with the regular long rifle rounds
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

survival choices

Post by himmel »

OK this is a desert island right

then I take one of these

http://home.freeuk.net/4-10/nostalgia26.html

or one of these

http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/ga ... 0/2344.htm

Sevens also made this rifle and shot gun in other cal's. and gag's too I am told
like the 22 Hornet over a 20 gag

NORM
Like your choices there Norm!! Our gun shop here has one of those combo guns right now--.22LR over 20-gauge. Wish I had a few extra bucks right now... ::)
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

survival choices

Post by himmel »

Hey Anjdrifter--is that the same "Plinkster" that sells at Wal-mart for just over a C-note?? Not that I would ever buy a gun there again--what an ordeal... :(