National gun protest day

Info, pictures, advice...
redfestiva

National gun protest day

Post by redfestiva »

Aug 28th. I plan on at least buying some ammo at my local gun shop on that day.
http://bradycampaign.org/media/release.php?release=916
Last edited by redfestiva on August 17th, 2007, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
trzeci98

National gun protest day

Post by trzeci98 »

Their intent seems nice, but I've never trusted then, who know's in a couple of years they'll try to get people to protest legal guns, or perhaps those terrible, horrible, baby-killing "assault rifles."
zbysiu23

National gun protest day

Post by zbysiu23 »

.well I think that it would be an excellent day for a trip to the range.... :(
Last edited by zbysiu23 on August 19th, 2007, 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

National gun protest day

Post by trent »

*news reporter* a mass mugging was reported at the local handgun protest rally, it appears the muggers knew the group had no way of fighting back.
drboomboom

National gun protest day

Post by drboomboom »

That's funny, Trent.

I was going to go out today to get some ammo. Now I'll wait 'til national dumb*ss protest day.
barnett3006

National gun protest day

Post by barnett3006 »

So......I didn't hear anything about this from the media (but I could have missed it). How did this constitutional rights protest go over?
redfestiva

National gun protest day

Post by redfestiva »

Jesse Jackson led a protest outside of a gun manufacturing plant in chicago. Similar protests took place in several other cities.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02027.html
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

National gun protest day

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I would like to emphatically state, here and now, The anti-gun day came and went and I heard absolutely nothing about it until I read this thread! Must have been a real humdinger!
I'm really fried that I couldn't go out some where and do a one man counter march with my own nifty little sign. In my opinion God is going to save a special place in heaven for the pompous and righteous anti gun nuts who have caused untold deaths throughout this great country of ours. Probably going to make them wright "I was wrong about gun control" ten million times on the eternal blackboard before they get their halo's.
G.R.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

National gun protest day

Post by trent »

Jesse Jackson led a protest outside of a gun manufacturing plant in chicago. Similar protests took place in several other cities.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02027.html
so technically they besieged a place full of guns... I love irony
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

National gun protest day

Post by rlj102468 »

What a great place for an accidental discharge! LOL. Just kidding of course.

Bobby J.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

National gun protest day

Post by papabear »

Bobby J.

Isn't that like going to a gun fight with a pocket knife..........I jumped the gun on the 28th, sorry for the play on words, but I didn't want someone else getting that BHP so I boutht it on the 24th.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

National gun protest day

Post by carguy »

I didn't buy a gun but I bought lots of ammo!! For my SKS!

Funny note though, I got delivery of some ammo from SOG yesterday and in the package was a note mentioning their triple check of my order to insure it is correct and properly packaged for delivery as advertised. Wouldn't you know that in the few orders (3 or 4) I've had from SOG without a notice of their "Triple Check Process" I've never had a problem until this one when they mention it...I got 5 boxes of the wrong ammo, some Hot Shot 5.??x ?? ammo instead of the 7.62x39 I ordered and that was listed on the packing sheet in my order.

Irony at it's best.

SOG was great on the phone, assured me they never make mistakes and I must be reading the ammo package wrong (ha, ha), immediately issued me a return authorization and assured me they would refund my shipping cost and reship the correct ammo as soon as they got the wrong ammo back.

This was to be part of my test to see which ammo if any my SKS likes better than others.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

National gun protest day

Post by trent »

it was probably 5.45x39, which the AK74 uses
barnett3006

National gun protest day

Post by barnett3006 »

Well, now carguy needs a gun to fit that ammo.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

National gun protest day

Post by carguy »

That's what I told SOG! They were teasing me about never making a mistake that I must have really wanted that instead (and yes it was 5.45x39) so I told them I'd keep the ammo if they'd ship me a gun that would shot it! They said they would but then they got crazy wanting me to pay for it so I said I'd rather just get my 7.62x39 ammo and be done with it for now.

Nice, nice young lady I dealt with...of course heaven forbid I paid attention to her name so I could ask for her again and maybe establish a relationship with someone!!! :'( idiot that I am! :'(