What's your favorite "Non-P64" semi-auto pistol?

Use this section for all other firearms
b52stan

Post by b52stan »

Papabear, things are great here in the Alleghenies. Been in the low 70's, but might get to 80 next week. Garden is thriving with lettuce, cukes, swiss chard, shallots, garlic, cabbage, broccoli, peppers,etc. Tomatoes next week.

Brined and smoked some 16 inch brookies,rainbows, and tiger trout last week. Shared with friends.The little stream is 1.3 miles from the house.

Hope you're doing well, and here's the last purchase. Check them out.http://www.gunsamerica.com/976912762/Gu ... 145_MILLEN NIUM_PRO_45ACP_NE.htm#
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Do you prefer the rearsenaled (blued over original parkerization) finish of the CZ-52 or if available the original parkerized or phosphate or whatever they call it finish?

I kind of like the gray of the original finish. Does the refinishing have any effect on the function of the pistol?

How about if I picked up one of those hard chrome copies at Classic Arms? Would that make it function any better of worse than original?

Would the fact that someone had to disassemble it to re-blue or hard chrome make it more likely to have eveything in better working order?
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I have that black parkerized style finish and is all I know ,but I gotta tell you I do like the hard chromed ones some of our guys have,might just have toget to keep up with Papabears 2.it would make sense if stripped down and etc that it might be a little more smooth,but havent found anything wrong with mine and the functioning :)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

I have a love for the German Luger and P.38! These two pistols are my favorite collector items. The workmanship, and handling of the Luger is second to none. The P.38 to me, is still a modern weapon and the design is getting close to 70 years old. Here is a photo of one of my Lugers. This fine pistol was made in 1914.

Well Guys, I am embarresed :'( and want to apoligize for posting the large photo of my Luger. As always, Norm comes through again. Norm showed me how to modify my "Photobucket" photos for websites! Thanks as always for the help Norm!!! AND thanks for resizing the photo!
Last edited by abwehr on July 28th, 2007, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

This is one of the first auto's I ever owned AMT GOVERMENT 45 ACP

This is the first 9 mm STAR FIRESTAR

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on July 28th, 2007, 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

abwehr,

Excellent example of the German Luger, thanks for sharing....... ;D

Norm,

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

+1 with anjdrifter,

If one is good two are better..... ::)

Those things must be getting popular--was at the gun shop yesterday, saw a whole bunch of boxes of Winchester "white box" in 7.62 Tokarev :)
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

1911 - no question. Sorry guys, but IMHO the 1911 is THE greatest handgun every created....hands down...bar none. I have a Para P-14 .45 steel frame, quite a beefy gun with a ton of firepower. I'd post a pic, but it's pretty boring -- I haven't done a thing to it.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Did mention I have another 1911A1, its a clone but it is a pretty good shooter, its not in the same league as my Colt 70 series but fun to shoot.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Yes I think you did mention that come to think of it. Now it's time to crash before I start doing the same thing.
volfandan

Post by volfandan »

papabear, is that the Rock Island Armory Commander with the 4" barrel? I really REALLY want one of the RIA Officer's with the 3.25" barrel. Looks like you've had your RIA teflon'd or ceramic'd???
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

volfandan,

Yes, its the RIA MS [Mid Size] with 4" bbl, and no, it came this way, I think its the lighting, bought it at my local FFL dealer, it was used and because the original owner didn't like it because it jammed a lot according to him to traded it back in for something else, I got it for $250 OTD, broke it down and cleaned it, polished the feed ramp and I have feed it a bucket full of different brands and types of ammo and it hasn't jammed once. It also came with a set of Trijicon night sights, I painted the front sight to red and she be one fun 1911 to shoot.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

[quote author=papabear board=others thread=1185477716 post=1185681271]Did mention I have another 1911A1, its a clone but it is a pretty good shooter, its not in the same league as my Colt 70 series but fun to shoot.
yes you did, and since you did one of your pics I dont have to post mine.. these are great clones and for the money you cant beat em with a stick. Love mine. Only problem when I go to range every one wants to fire it right after the 64 that is.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

My favorite has to be my Star Ultrastar in 40SW, compact, light weight by comparison and very accurate out to fifty five plus feet. Not very pretty but it wasn't designed for a beauty contest.

papabear,
Every time I see that photo I salivate with anticipation. :)
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on July 31st, 2007, 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

My favorite pistol is Springfield Armory loaded edition. It shoots good and is a lot of fun and I shoot better with it than I do with any of my others I guess its because I cant tell you how many rounds I have put through it. I heard Star makes a good .45 gunney.