Ammo to go

Info, pictures, advice...
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ammo to go

Post by blinddog »

I got my order in from ammo to go and went to the range, no problems. I have re-ordered 4 more boxe because my wife said I could'nt order the 500 rds I wanted. I have to wait until the 1st of aug. Bummer. But, the ammo worked great in my 68 and my 76.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by beasleydano »

You gotta tell her that with ammo, the more you buy the more you save, considering the case discount and shipping charges! If she's a smart shopper (and most wives are) she will understand!
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ammo to go

Post by blinddog »

Thanks beasleydano. Since you are just a few miles north of columbus how about a helping hand!! You know how a woman can be when it comes to guns and ammo. She asked me how much ammo I really needed and I told her all I could shoot! She just looked at me.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by beasleydano »

Sorry about that! My wife always tells me things like she was only going to buy one but it was 40% off if you buy 3, you don't buy a pint of milk when you can buy a gallon, you don't buy one roll of toilet tissue because it's cheaper per roll when you buy the large economy package, why go to the store every day and burn all that gas, etc. So I tell her I am getting the large economy package of ammo, it's on sale, I'm getting a case discount and saving on shipping charges. It just costs too much to buy a couple of boxes at a time. And you know I'm gonna shoot it!
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by bzinggg »

Sorry about that! My wife always tells me things like she was only going to buy one but it was 40% off if you buy 3, you don't buy a pint of milk when you can buy a gallon, you don't buy one roll of toilet tissue because it's cheaper per roll when you buy the large economy package, why go to the store every day and burn all that gas, etc. So I tell her I am getting the large economy package of ammo, it's on sale, I'm getting a case discount and saving on shipping charges. It just costs too much to buy a couple of boxes at a time. And you know I'm gonna shoot it!
;D ;D ;D

Did she put her hands on her hips and sigh real loud, like mine does when I toss that kind of logic to her? ;D
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by beasleydano »

bzinggg

Not about the ammo. I got a couple of UPS and FedEx deliveries of ammo this last week and she signed for them while I was at work. She said that she wanted to go shooting with me on Saturday. When I told her that there was some more ammo on the way she said "Well, then, you better get the dolly out of the garage and put it at the front door. Those boxes are heavy!" LOL. But you should have seen her expression when I told her that I had lucked up when I made a deal with a gentleman for this last batch of ammo that I was expecting because he also had 3 military Makarovs- Chinese, EG and Russian, and we made a deal on those too! I told her I was saving money beacause I bought all 3 from the same gentleman and I got a 3-fer discount and a shipping discount! She was not impressed! Seriously, though, I am a lucky man! She knows about all there is to know about me and still loves me anyway! I am truly blessed!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Ammo to go

Post by carguy »

It just doesn't get any better than that!

8~)
redfestiva

Ammo to go

Post by redfestiva »

I'm driving down to Aim in the morning to get more Silver Bear 9x18 . For the first time that I can remember AIM has 38 spl ammo too and at a better price than Walmart, $9.95 per box and it is quallity reloadable brass ammo. That is my wifes carry gun so I need to get her some of that.
Last edited by redfestiva on July 11th, 2007, 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by space »

I just ordered 200 rounds of 7.62x54R ammo and shipping to NH was $12.80. Not bad.

I did find this http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/produ ... cts_id=470 that looks interesting.

20rds - 9x18 Makarov Corbon Pow'RBall 70gr. Ammo for $14.95. 70gr ammo would be pretty nice in the P64. Anyone ever try it?
Last edited by space on July 11th, 2007, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by space »

Ok, I may just have to switch to these guys for all of my ammo.

I placed an order last night about 9pm. Got an email a couple minutes later saying the order would be shipped the next day and I should have my stuff in 2-3 days.

Got another email at 6:30 this morning saying that due to high order volume that my order may not ship for up to 48 hours with their appologies.

The I got another email 4 hours later stating that my order had shipped. Tracking shows that it's in UPS's hands and I should get it in a couple of days.

It's pretty awesome that they felt bad that my order wouldn't ship for 48 hours (yah, I know it was an automated email but it shows they are on the ball). Most other places I get ammo from don't feel bad when a week goes by and they haven't shipped.

$hipping was pretty reasonable also. About the same as I normally get from AIM and I think they are pretty cheap on shipping.
Last edited by space on July 12th, 2007, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Ammo to go

Post by normsutton »

Space
I notice they have Partizan ammo

http://ammunitiontogo.com/catalog/index ... ath=24_101

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on July 12th, 2007, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by space »

Yep, Aim is a little cheaper on the Partizan but they don't have any Silver Bear so I may order some of each from AmmoToGo.

I guess It's time to start reloading. Just need to decide on which loader to get. I'll probably just reload 45/70 (have a few hunderd once fired brass) and 7.62x54r for now.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo to go

Post by bzinggg »

They don't have Silver bear FMJ, but they have Silver Bear 94gr HP listed right now on AIM.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Ammo to go

Post by normsutton »

Space

if your going to get into reloading please buy a good cast iron press especially if your going to load rifle bullets or you'll end up like this http://www.sksboards.com/smf/index.php?topic=28968.0
don't go cheap it will save you a lot more money in the long run

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ammo to go

Post by grayfox »

I buy most of my ammo now from Aim. The last 9x18 was silver bear hp and it shoots great. Just got 500rds of 7.62x39 today, they always ship the same week.