What is your favorite revolver?

Use this section for all other firearms
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I have three revolvers that I am absolutely in love with, the first is a Rossi 972 44sp. with a three barrel. The second is a Taurus 85 hammerless 38sp. with a two inch barrel, the last is a Taurus 851 humpback two inch barrel in 38sp.+p. All have had trigger jobs and all are as smooth as silk. I'm about to loose the hammerless to my son who is on his way back to New Mexico after the 8th. of July and wants it as a daily carry gun, I can't think of a better person to inherit it. :)
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

GR

This has to my favorite its a RUGER in 45 LONG COLT

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
devlinfaust
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by devlinfaust »

I have a Dan Wesson 8 inch Ventillated Heavy barrell, blued steel in .357 that I bough several years ago, second hand. I still can't understand why the owner traded it, because it is among the most accurate pistols I have ever shot.

The other "favorite" revolver is a .22 RG 23. Yep, there it is! I said it, an RG. It's so crude you gotta love it, and it works--kind of like the orginal VW beetle, I guess. Not that I'm endorsing RG--I had one of those in .25 once and it was arguably the worst gun I've ever picked up, but the simple .22 actually works!
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I have so many favorites, in different categories, but I guess if I have to nail it down to one, my over all favorite revolver is my S&W M13 3" bobbed hammer with a trigger job and Combat grips.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on June 25th, 2007, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
zbysiu23

Post by zbysiu23 »

For myself it would have to be my S&W 66 4 inch just fits me great very nicely balanced and good shooter ..the other one is S&W 629 Classic .44 magnum 6 inch power port very accurate.. I have made their triggers smooth as butter...just great guns period..for me at least..
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I don't have many, but my newest is my most favorite. A USFA Pre-War in .45 Colt, also with a fitted acp cylinder, "Blued Appointments", and custom walnut grips )from the factory):

papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

nbender,

That is simply "Beautiful", thanks for sharing............ ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

I knew I'd get you again papabear. That is one pistol that I'm almost reluctant to shoot. I already scratched up the .45 Colt cylinder, but I will not lock anything in the safe for long.

Well, I do have a mak or two that never comes out - but that's just because I have other designated shooters, and the P-64.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I have to agree with papabear, that is the best looking Colt I've ever seen. Papabear, that is one pretty S&W, very nice.
Thanks to both you fellows for sharing the photographs.
G.R.
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

My first handgun, a S&W Military & Police in .38 Spl., probably from 1947 or 48.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

mikeh1,

Outstanding example of the Pre 10 M&P, very nice first handgun too, thanks for sharing. The Serial # range for the M&P's in that circa [1945-1948] was S811338 - S999999, 1948 - 1951 was C1-C223998, that info comes from the 3rd Edition of the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson. Did you check the stocks to see it the SN is stamped or penciled on the right stock panel and are matching to the bbl, cylinder, and butt frame?

Here is my pre 10 M&P, its a 1955, all matching including the stocks,
# C 303XXX

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
mikeh1

Post by mikeh1 »

papabear...

S/N S 978xxx, so it's close to where they changed from "S" to "C" numbers, probably early '48. All #'s matching except for right stock. Left side stock has my serial # penciled in, right side stock has different number stamped in, 370550.

I'm waiting for my letter from "Mr. Jinks", the check to S&W was cashed a few weeks ago, should be here soon.
Last edited by mikeh1 on June 27th, 2007, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

mikeh1,

Thanks for the reply, S978xxx would be 1948, according to all three editions the SCSW, the right side stock panel is supposed to have the sn either stamped or penciled, I'm not sure why the left stock panel would be penciled unless they just wanted to match up a set to that M&P, but they are a nice set of grips and and appear to be of the correct era. If you would, please let me know what Mr. Jinks has to say about that.

Take Care

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Mikeh1 and Papabear,
Those are two beautiful S&W 38 revolvers, I'm envious and always on the look out for an extra nice S&W pre model 10 or model 10 M&P. Thank you for the photo's. :)
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on June 27th, 2007, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

You know how you favorite daughter is your only daughter or son etc? Well my favorite revolver is my 1st and only...a Rossi model 64 (I think), 38 special with a 3 inch barrel. Funn, cheap, accurate and looked good in my security guard uniform when I was in college! 8~)