well....I did it!

Info, pictures, advice...
115grfmj

well....I did it!

Post by 115grfmj »

I was very nervous :-/ about getting the safety out to replace the FP spring included in my Wolf 22# recoil spring pack. After getting advice from Our very own Consumate Gentleman, Norm, I tried it. As he sugested I put the slide in a ziplock bag before doing anything....good thing too....every thing went SPROING!!! :o :o. Anyway After replacing the FP spring I was left feeling a little like Tom Hanks, in Cast Away, when he made fire ;D I also filed the 22# recoil spring ends a little to flatten them, and now the fit perfectly!!!

Thanks Norm :)
Last edited by 115grfmj on June 15th, 2007, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

well....I did it!

Post by manicmechanic »

Good job!, it is a good feeling when completed isn't it?
Last edited by manicmechanic on June 15th, 2007, 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

well....I did it!

Post by bzinggg »

Sounds like you did a really good job on yours and I am hoping you remind me which hammer spring you matched it up with when you finally really decide on one, and how smooth the gun works with some slightly heavier bullets and the regular stuff, as well, to have a reference for comparison in relation to our individual purposes.

(My post is sincere, but surely a candidate for the "run-on sentence" award to date:)

bZinggg.
Last edited by bzinggg on June 16th, 2007, 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

well....I did it!

Post by normsutton »

115grfmj

I'm glade everything came out alright

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
115grfmj

well....I did it!

Post by 115grfmj »

Bzinngg

I paired it with the 18#lb hammer spring....and have have zero ignition problems, easy pull too. so far the 22lb recoil spring really takes the bite out of it. Good match I think! ;D