Browny HP clones

Info, pictures, advice...
brigade

Browny HP clones

Post by brigade »

I have been wanting to sell my new Hi-Power (Charles Daly) and then purchase the FEG P9R also.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

Why don't you like the Daly??

The few reviews I've seen rate it pretty highly.

What model of the FEg were you considering...as you can see this has been my dillema!
Last edited by carguy on June 12th, 2007, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

Norm,

Thanks for the SHONA"s web site info and the info on the FEG pistols. I've been looking for a 91/30 scope and she has the repo's at a fair price. Also I sent a email for info on the FEG 40RZ .40 cal that I am interested in.

papabear
Got a reply from SHONA about the FEG 40rz, bad new I'm affraid.

The 40RZ is not being produced at this time and we don't have a
production date from FEG.

Regards,
Deutsche Waffen

That is too bad Papabear, that is one sweet looking pistol!!
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

Trent

I just saw the Arcus at R&R Arms for $305. I know you've been looking, hope that helps.
barnett3006

Browny HP clones

Post by barnett3006 »

Norm,

Thanks, your P9M's look very nice as well. Was your P9M in 40S&W a conversion or did it come from the factory chambered like that? I have seen a 41AE conversion kit for the P9R and I have fired an FEG model something chambered in 45ACP but I've never seen one in 40. Also, you gotta tell me about your monogram that you have in your grip panels, I have been admiring those since I first saw them.

Carguy,

My P9R is a SA/DA like our P64s. The safety is also a decocker that blocks the hammer from striking the firing pin, the safety also disengages the trigger. Just like our P64 it is safe to drop the hammer on a loaded chamber using the safety/decocking lever. So yes, the first shot can be DA if you choose with the following shots in SA or you can cock the hammer on the first shot for SA. Don't hold me to it but I believe that the P9RK is SA only, I have no experience with DA only P9Rs and didn't know that there were any.

BTW, its always a habit of mine to keep an eye out for magazines for my guns when I am at a show. I was looking for mags for my FEG at a show one time here in Clearwater and I found one person (whom I believe to be Shona) who had a box full of new P9Rs (like the one in the pic that Norm posted) and a box full of P9R mags. I was looking at the mags and the guns and they just looked different from mine, not just the combat style trigger guard or the plastic grips. I talked to her about it and she pulled out a P9R that was identical to mine and we tried the new mag in the old gun, much to my disappointment the new mags do not work in the old P9Rs. They fit and lock in fine but the new mags are shorter, it would not engage the slide catch and there was way to much space between the top of the mag and the bolt face. The mags capacity was also reduced, my mags hold 15 rounds and the new mags hold 13 rounds. Thats a long "BTW" :D
Last edited by barnett3006 on June 12th, 2007, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by normsutton »

barnett

Back when I bought these guns SHONA didn't have the conversion then a about a year later she started sell them as a package deal , in other words they came together, so I ask her if I could buy just the slide and the barrels and the mags from her and she said yes the only thing is the ser# don't match the frame I told her I didn't care. The monogram I do those its cast out of palladium silver and 2% gold then glued in

Papabear

From what SHONA told me FEG has a big order for their P9M's right now and that's all they can producing right now , she can't get any LR-61's or any of the 380's she normally sells and they completely stop making the BR-61's , I'll keep a eye out for on that FEG 40rz for you , I think I might like one of those too or maybe 2 get a better deal if buy two

did you get the scope

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on June 13th, 2007, 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Browny HP clones

Post by anjdrifter »

The monogram I do those its cast out of palladium silver and 2% gold then glued in

Norm do you inlay them and if so what do and how is itdone.. I have always liked them..
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by normsutton »

anjdrifter

They are semi inlayed , I cut into the grips with a high speed air hand piece then fill with a dental resin trim it up then invest it and cast it
very difficult to explain not difficult to do

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by papabear »

Norm,

Thanks for the info on FEG and their priorities for the P9M, that explains why she can't get the FEG 40RZ. right now or maybe for some time. No I haven't got the scope yet, that is still in the planning stage, my 91/30 Mosin Nagants have the Hex receivers [1924 & 1928 & 1941] and I don't want to mess up those. I'm looking for a round receiver 91/30 to put a scope on. Being retired and only getting SS and Pension limits my funds to some extent, also I have some home repairs to consider, so my 91/30 project, that "grayfox" got me interested in because of his Russian scoped project, this is all his fault....... ::) is going to have to wait for a little while, thank goodness my wife is still working, other wise I would be in dire straights over my addition. Not even sure if SHONA had the FEG 40RZ right now if I could afford it, but I do have a couple pistols I would and could sell to obtain the 40RZ.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Browny HP clones

Post by anjdrifter »

anjdrifter

They are semi inlayed , I cut into the grips with a high speed air hand piece then fill with a dental resin trim it up then invest it and cast it
very difficult to explain not difficult to do

NORM
yeah right that is easy for you to say
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Browny HP clones

Post by papabear »

I see a phone call coming up between you two......... ;D.........I'm going to watch a episode of Victory at Sea......... ::)

papabear
Last edited by papabear on June 13th, 2007, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Browny HP clones

Post by trent »

thanks car guy!

I was about to order one until my dealer/gunsmith talked me out of it (told me they are really bad when It comes to repairing one)

since I'm really feeling the bite (from the buy another handgun bug) I'll probably get a cz52 or something.
Last edited by trent on June 13th, 2007, 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

Several episodes!!

Hey Papabear was it you or anjdrifter or maybe grayfox...I confuse easily in my old age...that has a P-38?

I may have a lead on one in a week or so in decent shape (alloy frame though) for under $300. If it pans out maybe its better than deciding on the FEG right now as they will always be around but an inexpensive P-38 won't.

Are they alloy frames shooters? I'm not looking for anything more than something to play with at the range. I understand they are solid, accurate, fun to shoot and obviously historic. What do you think?
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Browny HP clones

Post by anjdrifter »

Carguy Dont know which one of us. I have a p38 nazi marking. they are not alloy and they are CanR they uselyy go for more then you said.. NOW there are a lot of P 1 s out there and they are alloy frames and see them at SOG and other places for around 250-260 range.I refer the all good old metal but the P 1 is just as reliable and is lighter and for most part the stock seems to be more abundent ...They are a New version of the p 38.. I like them both but mostly use the P1...al
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Browny HP clones

Post by carguy »

The research I've so briefly done seems to indicate that for a few years post-war the P-38 continued to be manufactured until into the late 50's maybe early 60's when it's designation became the P-1. So there is the possibility that there are some P-38s out there in alloy frames made during transition. This is a distributor I'm speaking with so I'm sure he has alot more riding on selling these correctly that I have on simply purchasing one as a C&R!

I'm more concerned with the durability of the alloy (alluminum) frame. I certainly don't want to pick up an inexpensive shooter and have it turn to crap in my hand at the range. I've heard good things about them as shooters and just wanted to run it by the crew here for your "expert" opinions...as you can tell by now I can't seem to make a decision on my own...no comments Truth, I am not wearing my skirt today!! 8~)