P 64 launches brass

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
floydrturbo

P 64 launches brass

Post by floydrturbo »

Bought a P 64 from SOG last year. Great little gun! It has never jammed and shoots to point of aim, except for the first shot in double action - cannot hit anything with that shot. I like to reload the empty brass, but this gun launches the brass about 30 feet making it hard to find. Is there something wrong with the gun, or do they all do that? The gun was new when I got it and only has about 300 rounds through it so I wouldn't think the springs are worn out. The first shot fired and the 300th shot fired both launched the brass 30 feet. Is this just the way a P 64 works or is there a fix?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

P 64 launches brass

Post by normsutton »

floydrturbo

WECOME
yes the brass is known go into the next zip code and hit low flying planes
its the same PA-63, CZ-82, and the BR-61. and most 9 x 18 pistol's
and makes it hell on us reloaders, but they sure do shoot good
maybe we all should take some measurements to find out witch gun throws brass the farthest

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on May 20th, 2007, 4:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
searcher36

P 64 launches brass

Post by searcher36 »

I only have a P-64 but mine chucks the brass 30 or 40 feet. One thing about it we know we are getting positive ejection!

Rob
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

P 64 launches brass

Post by gunneyrabbit »

floydrturbo,
The fellows at one of the ranges that I shoot at have relegated me to the far right hand lane because they never know when they are going to acquire range rash from contact with 9x18 sizzling hot shell casings. :-[
How ever, they are all looking to buy P-64 pistole's just because they are so accurate. ;D
jbailey

P 64 launches brass

Post by jbailey »

Mine too. But get a C2-52 and put your empties into low orbit!
drogers

P 64 launches brass

Post by drogers »

I have seen some people use a fine mesh fish net to catch flying brass. They set it up just to the right of the gun, the opening is about 2' in diameter.
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

P 64 launches brass

Post by garry »

I also try to reload my brass . Whenever i can find it! I have a couple methods i use to "trap" brass: 1. hang a blanket in a nearby tree or bush to stop and drop the cases into a small area.
2. heehee- i stand at the back of my van with the rear hatch open and let the brass fly into the back. (note: do a thorough clean-up ,lest you be accused of doing drive-by shootings. lol
As for the brass being erratic, certain Ammo loads will really fly and the better, more consistently made Ammo will group the brass into a smaller area.
DRodgers... I am planning on trying the fishnet brass catcher as soon as i get to a tackle store. It just seems to be a good idea! G (after reloading , it sucks to just lose all of the brass i worked so hard to reload. )
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

P 64 launches brass

Post by trent »

Just get a buddy to stand to your right with a net, then it's fun for the both of you! ;D