Sights

Info, pictures, advice...
p64pro

Sights

Post by p64pro »

Hi-Great new site, I am new to this forum. Has anyone tried any good sights or have any ideas for new sights? I thought about a gold bead soldered on to the front and milling or knocking out the rear leaf. This would work kind of like a ghost sight.

Any other ideas greatly appreciated! 8-)
fjblackesq

Sights

Post by fjblackesq »

Best I have tried so far is some orange colored "BRIGHT SIGHT high visibility coating on the front sight and white sight bright on the rear. Got it a a gun show at half price-=-- gives a good and fast sight pix.... fiknish off with some clear finger nail polish... fjb
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Sights

Post by abwehr »

p64pro,

Welcome to the Forum!!! This is the only place to come for information on this great Polish Pistol. As you know, Poland has always built excellent firearms, and this another to add to the list.

I am a collector and shooter, so I keep my miltary firearms as original as possible, but I think "fjblackesq" has a good idea for the sights. If you have the tools, what you suggested is certainly possible to improve the sight picture. Other than the heavy double action trigger pull (which I seldom use on any pistol), the single action is sweet! This can be improved with a little polishing on the contact points or changing the springs as suggested in previous postings. As you have probably read most previous postings, one of our members from Poland, "bartos", who is in the Polish Military and has provided us with previoulsy unknown information. In Polish Miltary competitions, the P-54 has done very well.

Please come back often and ask all the questions you have. Someone surely can help out.

Again, WELCOME to the site!!