Info, pictures, advice...
rjsixgun

OT: I am needing input on a new gun.

Post by rjsixgun »

another +1 on the CZ-82's great gun!!!
steve98664

Post by steve98664 »

I think the Stoeger Cougar is the hot one out there now that is reasonable. I don't have one, but came close to buying it.

I got a Charles Daly ZDA instead of the Cougar, though both are sold by CDNN. CDNN has the Cougar for 299 with 2 mags last time I checked.

The ZDA is 289, but only one mag. I have put 1700 rounds though my ZDA to date without a single jam of any sort. I ran 600 rounds in one afternoon at the range to break it in and test it. I clean it every second use compared with cleaning my other pistols every use. I have used every type of good and crappy ammo possible on it. Reloaded ammo, 124g HP/FMJ reloaded, 147g FMJ reloaded, 147g HP reloaded, 124g FMJ, 124g GDHP, etc by many different manufacturers. Never had to eject a round or anything! It is very much like a sig, but a slightly bigger frame and slightly different features. It is for a BIG hand. It is also known as a CZ999 Scorpion.

I got a lot of crap at my pistol class this past weekend for it since it was considered an 'anything knockoff', but it was the only pistol I noticed out of the Glocks, Kimbers, and SIgs that did not have a malfunction with dummy rounds or the other crap we threw at our pistols. Actually, almost no one had any failures in the 400 or so rounds we used. I was surprised.

If you absolutely must have 9mm luger and can't afford the 300, look at a surplus P-1. They won't last as long, but mine from AIM is my only other pistol that has never had a malfunction. It cannot use more than 124g, nor +P. I have almost exactly 1000 rounds through it. I did replace all of the springs with a kit from Wolff. My frame shows wear but it has lasted through 2 armory rebuilds and a slide replacement according to the data marked on the frame. It is not easy to handle since it is fairly large, bulky, and pointy.

I want a CZ75 in some flavor at some point too!
Last edited by steve98664 on April 29th, 2007, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kgeorge

Post by kgeorge »

Hi
I got CZ P-01 for two years.Certified police gun in Chech Republic, certified NATO 9mm firearm. Mine is model 2005 year. No problems for two years for 2500 shots. No problem with cheap Wall Mart ammo. One warning: before 2005 CZ ordered magazines somewhere in Italy. Users reported failures, mostly feeding problems. After 2005 CZ started own line of production
kgeorge
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

This past weekend I got to shoot my friends CZ75 BD, WOW, I liked it, fit, feel, handing, ease of field stripping, and accurate, trigger was good too, however I do like the trigger on the Beretta m9 better, I was very impressed overall though. Two handed free standing slow and rapid fire, everything in a 9" paper plate at 10 yrds, 3.5" groups slow fire, all inside the 9" plate with rapid fire..........I'm going to get the CZ, I am also looking for a CZ P40, got to shoot that to and same as the 75 BD and the trigger was again a little creepy, but still I like it, I think its just a matter of getting use to it, but I would probably get my smith to do a trigger job on it.......maybe.

Also got to shoot my E.G. Mak, smooth as a baby's butt, love it, same scenario as with the 9" plates, however, for me it shot 4" groups slow fire but again all in the paper plate in rapid fire, so it shoots the same as my Bulgie, but tooling and finish is better, very happy I got it, thanks AL.

Of course I had to take one of my P-64's, and at same distance and same scenario, I got 3" groups with slow fire and all in the paper plate with rapid fire. These old eyes and hands ain't the same as they use to be, but I'll settle with the results.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
brigade

Post by brigade »

Thanks for the input guys... I am down to either a Beretta 92 or a CZ-75BD...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

TTH,

I have heard a lot of good things about the CZ75 P01 [compact] it has a 3.9" bbl, like "kgeorge" mentioned, I'm looking at one now at my local shop, LNIB for $400 OTD, I think I'll give it a try before I buy anything.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on May 4th, 2007, 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
brigade

Post by brigade »

Yes I saw that one as well. I like it alot. I can get a new one for 430. That is dealer pricing though. If you end up with one I would like to hear what you have to say about that pistol. I also don't think CZ makes anything but great stuff anyway. I kinda like the fact that it is a little shorter but still holds 14 rounds. I just got 20 min ago my CZ-82 w/2mags delivered to me. The barrel is worn, the finish is not the worst I have seen. However, I am impressed with the smoothness and trigger and seemingly ruggedness so far. Anyone know where I can get a new barrel off hand. I will do a search on google.
-Troy
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

look back at old thread it is polygon(?) looks like shotgun barrel not to worry...itis supposed to be like that...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

TROY
That's the way the barrel is supposed to be, its not worn out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygonal_rifling

When you look down the barrel looking for the traditional grooves and lands that we are most familiar with you will be surprised, they are not there. They utilize a polygonal type of system which almost looks like a smooth bore, but it’s far from that. This system does surprisingly well with the Makarov round.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2006/cz82/index.asp

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on May 4th, 2007, 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

TTH,

I liked the shorter bbl and the 14rd mag too, and its fairly lite weight too..........I was impressed with it.

Dito on the polygonal bbl, I thought the same thing the first time I saw one.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
brigade

Post by brigade »

Thanks for the information on that. It is damn accurate just like the P-64 and makarov. I love the trigger on the CZ-82 in both single and double action.