Trolling for New Members.

Info, pictures, advice...
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Hello All,
I've been talking up the the benefits of owning a P-64 at some of the other web sites that I attend and have been dropping hints about taking a look at the this site. To date I don't think I had any takers, very few positive comments.
"There Is None So Blind as Those Who Will Not See."
Or something like that. To date guys, this is the friendliest and most enlightening forum I have been associated with. Keep it up and thanks again............. G.R.

P.S.
Has any one measured the double action trigger pull with new Wolff Gun Springs installed. I have a 17lb. reduced hammer spring installed and I know that the answer should be obvious but I have a feeling it doesn't work that way. I thought about buying a fishing scale but dropped that idea, I'm a fisherman in an alter ego and I know how we exaggerate. Any way if some one has the answer I would appreciate the reply.
Thanks again............. G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on April 27th, 2007, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

yup it is and besides that I have made a few good acquaintances and one really good friend...
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Gunny, on every forum I've joined, and it must be a dozen (I do have a life), I have posted the address to this site whenever the P-64 is mentioned. It's a relatively un-owned, relatively rare pistol and always will be, and the group of regular posters here will probably remain pretty limited. But I'm certain that the un-registered readership will always be significant as the invited shooters puruse the files to find info.

I agree, there are some uncommonly friendly people here.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Couldn't agree more............. G.R.
2001flhr

Post by 2001flhr »

Gunney,
I know that when I was curious 'bout gettin' polski I started surfin' found y'all. Couldn't stop readin'. Weighted the advise and technical support so, bought 1 did the spring upgrades. Just found another, gettin' ready for #2. Great site, friendly people, and damn good experienced advice.

Dutch
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

I too am on a few different boards, several times I have mentioned the P-64 when it was relevant, and for the most part no one replies, but then I started putting photo's of my P-64's with my post and now I do get replies from other P-64 owners asking questions and I steer them to this site, however to the best of my knowledge non of them have come over and signed up, but I do know that some that ask have sent me pics of their P-64's with new grips or holsters and etc, and some even back up my comments on the other boards, especially about the accuracy of the P-64.

I have to agree with "nbender", that its a relatively unknown pistol and we may never have a large membership, but this is a great forum with a bunch of really good guys that help out and contribute to it, and I also agree that the un-registered readers will always be some what significant because they will be looking for info on the P-64.

And +1 with anjdrifter, some good acquaintances and a couple really good friends.
POINT SHOOTER
steve98664

Post by steve98664 »

I have always recommend this forum for folks who are having P64 problems. The expertise here is great and the previous posts that can be searched are very handy and useful.

I have seen a few guys I referred log on and check it out because they really needed the help.
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

My first pistol is an XD40, so that is were I first got addicted to the forums. I've posted our address there a couple of times, I know delija is a convert to both the 64 and the forum, and tunnelrat is here also, not sure if he came here from seeing any of my posts or not. All we can do is throw the bait out there and pull up when they bite. Showed my neighbor, who took me to my first sporting clay shoot, my 64 the otherday. I have a feeling he may even pick one up this weekend at the show I got mine at I think a month ago. Damn, I hope this weekend sees some lead exiting its barrel!!
Last edited by manicmechanic on April 27th, 2007, 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Guys,

Thanks for helping spread the word about the P-64 and this fine Forum! As some of you stated, the P-64 is still not a well know firearm. When the Forum first started, the Makarov Forum had many comments on the pistol being called a "Polish Makarov"; they did not like this and probably true. The P-64 is not a Polish Makarov; it is a firearm that just shoots the same round. Over time, many of the Makarov Forum members tried the P-64 and the "bashing" did stop for the most part. I know we all have our favorites, but I like all of them, including the Makarov, it is a fine weapon!

Yes, since the P-64 is not as available as the Makarov was, there are not a lot of folks that have them compared to the Makarov. But since the P-64 Forum has been online, we have constantly increased in nmber of hits! We have great communication about the pistol, you memebers have provided a TON of information to make the P-64 better. When you visit other Forums and the P-64 is mentioned, let folks know about us and they can come here for straight answers about this fine pistol.

This Forum is only as good as its members, and a BIG THANKS for everything each of you contribute. Without you guys, we would not know all the information we have collected.
islandson827

Post by islandson827 »

I am not only new to this forum, but have never joined any other forum before. That in itself says a lot about how much I was impressed by this forum.

When I was searching for a CC pistol (anything from .380ACP's to 9mm Lugers) for a month, I decided on my P-64 due to its resemblance of the PPK, chrome lined barrel, and ridiculously low price. But after doing further research and discovering this forum, it seems that maybe I didn't choose the P-64, but maybe it was just made for me. It is simple, a little stubborn, unique but able to fit in the popular crowd (Walthers and Makarovs), and with its exceptionality, still remains humble. The point is, maybe that's why this forum can tend to be seem approachable and friendly... its because owners of the p-64 can exhibit the same traits as this pistol.

Hope that wasn't too deep... Goes to show how lack of sleep and a morning beer can can affect you…
2001flhr

Post by 2001flhr »

Gunny, think ya mighta hit a nerve on this one!
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

In my opinion,
Had the P-64 been offered with a seven round magazine, a heavier single action trigger and lighter double action trigger; the item could have been successfully marketed world wide and would have given Walther a run for its money. I believe the pistol benefits with small sights for long range shooting and I very much appreciate the all steel frame. The chrome lined barrel, decocker and loaded chamber indicator as well as the simple improved design could have made the P-64 one top of the line world class contender.............. G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on April 27th, 2007, 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

gunney,

Couldn't agree with more, but it would probably cost twice as much as it does now. For a lot of us, not all, but a lot, the P-64 is great little pistol just the way it is, I realize that some have a problem with heavy DA and the light SA, however, I have had 5 of them, from the early models to the late ones. For me, after completely breaking it down and completely cleaning it, after all most of them had been stored away for quite some time, and then properly polishing the feed ramp and then putting around 500 rds down the tube, the DA became very manageable and the SA has stayed the same.

I am old fashioned about my handguns, and admit that I like a handgun for what it is or I don't buy it. My first experience with the P-64 was about 2 1/2 years ago, shot the one my brother in law had and fell in love with, ie,. I had five of them, down to two now, sold two and gave one to my son in law. I think its is great that now the springs are being made for replacement for those that want to change the make up and make it more enjoyable for them to shoot the P-64, which in turn will help the P-64 become more popular. Some on here have even made adjustments to the magazine so it will hold 7 rds, so your points are valid about the changes that would have made it more popular. However, for me, I prefer to keep it original, and I am happy to be able to get more P-64's at a relative lower price than the Kel-Tec P3TA that is obviously having its problems.

Thanks you for your posts on this and other subjects, you are a welcome addition to this forum.

papabear
Last edited by papabear on April 27th, 2007, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
rlj102468
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by rlj102468 »

I'm glad that they are not popular, I can even afford one or two. Like Papabear, I love it as it is. I'm also glad my wife felt the same about me! Lord knows I won't change!

C-Ya, Bobby J.
redfestiva

Post by redfestiva »

A guy named Tunnelrat over on Ohioans for Concealed Carry forum is the one that turned me on to the P-64. I posted that I wanted to buy a semi - automatic handgun at a reasonable price and wanted suggestions. He suggested the P-64 stating that it was about the best built 9mm for the least amount of money available. He also gave me a link to this forum. A bit of research later and I bought my P - 64. The fact that that it takes 9 x 18 ammo was the only thing I did'nt like but I finally decided I'd go for it anyway. I still wish it fired 9 x19 but I deal with that. For what you pay for the P-64 you normally get either something worn out or built cheap. My point is that I am a recruite from passing the word around to other forums. I havent seen Tunnelrat post in here in awhile.