Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Info, pictures, advice...
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by garry »

Here is a site with a whole bunch of tested/chronographed
9x18 Mak loads from Various Manufacturers !
This is very good info, methinks. G
http://www.victorinc.com/9x18mm.html
2001flhr

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by 2001flhr »

Howdy Y'all
New to the forum, but been readin' it for weeks. Got my 1st p-64 couple wks ago,and have made improvements per y'alls recommond's. Sweet little piece of polish engineerin'. I been show'n it to all who'll lissen, and stay in their ear if they ain't. Changed the hammer spring to 17# w/ Wolffe kit, got the iwb holster from redstorm (nice little hoster for the $) and cleaned the snot out of the the usein' old trick (Gal can of gumout carb cleaner, comes w/ nice lit'l parts basket right inside, and brake spray from local auto parts store). Pretty addicted to the site now! Thankx from all the great info, trigger pull is sweeet now.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by bzinggg »

Howdy, welcome aboard!
redfestiva

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by redfestiva »

2001flhr
Welcome to the forum. I'm thinking about getting one of those iwb holsters from redstorm too.
duggi60
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by duggi60 »

2001flhr -- welcome to a forum about a great pistol & great
people to share & exchange info with.

:)
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by garry »

hey 2001flhr ! The Gumout is a good product to use as long as you take the grips off ! i never saw a gallon can/basket, thats pretty kewl ! sounds like you are ready to get shooting ! I love mine also (most do).
It is a very accurate pistol for sure ! there are a ton of Ammo types out there, so, let us know what you use and how good/bad it shoots in your gun ! We love this stuff ! with your spring mods, we'd all like to hear if you find any loads that don't cycle properly or eject right or just any reports good or bad. Glad you found this site and please post back often ! G
2001flhr

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by 2001flhr »

Garry, got that right 'bout the grips! Forget to mention that gumout loves to eat plastic for b'fast, lunch and dinner! Good catch wouldn't want y'all to mess up a set (metal parts only!!!). Weather been lit'l damp here in South Tejas, haven't been able to get to the range. Just got a G-32 in .357 sig, that's got finger itchin' too. Saw the thread to Dennis wrote 'bout the impovements he made to his grips. Funny I had just emailed 'bout the crackin' 'cause I read it here. He gave prompt reply (same info, guess maybe a bug got in his ear) waitin' for a quote. There goes my hands itchin' again. Right of proud of the of my 64'ski, can't wait to get her dressed up to go dancin'!!! Thanx for the Welcome
Last edited by 2001flhr on April 22nd, 2007, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ammo Chart for 9x18Mak

Post by abwehr »

You know, I had forgotten about the Carb Cleaner in the gallon can with a basket! This is a great cleaner if you don't have a parts cleaner or ultrsonic cleaner. The carb cleaner will removed ALL grease. The one thing about the stuff is it will clean your hands of all the oils too and leave them dry. For the budget minded person, this is the way to go. Thanks for posting about this way of cleaning. I used it for cleaning carburators years ago whe I would rebuild them and it does a great job! For small pistols and rifle parts, it will save a lot of time. My suggestion will be to wipe as much grease off first to keep the fluid as clean as possible for the longet period.