Hungarian F.E.G. MR61

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Amendment-deuce

Hungarian F.E.G. MR61

Post by Amendment-deuce »

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all. I have what I believe to be a Hungarian F.E.G. MR61 in 9x18 mak. I was just wondering if anyone else has one of these or knows much about how rare they are in the states?... I can't find much info on this little guy and have been wondering what collector value it may have. It sure as hell is a snappy little shooter, but works well and has a great look to it haha.

Thanks for any info in advance.
Will try to add photo's soon, too large at the moment.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Hungarian F.E.G. MR61

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Welcome to the forum. Your MR61 (mfg between 2003-2005) is the same thing as the R61 except that it's all blue whereas the R61 is the two-toned version. Steel slide/alloy frame gun 6.2" long with a 3.4" barrel. I have a later version of it, the SMC-918 (6.5" OAL w/a 3.4" barrel) which is the export version of the FEG APK9 chambered in 9x18. The SMC was the importers designation of the model. The R61/MR61/SMC-918 are the smallest pistols chambered in 9x18. These guns were made for FMJ rounds. There are HP rounds that won't feed or are able to be loaded into the magazine. These are the ones with the elongated nose. If you get a HP round make sure that the head of the bullet is round just like the FMJ bullet. The only HP I have found to feed and load is the PPU 95gr JHP.

Parts for it can be found at Numerich - https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufa ... stols-kass - and most of the ones for the PA63 will work in it. You can find it under FEG or Kassnar (importer K.B.I)

This is the Hungarian Weapons site for more info. Look under 1948-1990 for the MR61.
http://www.hungariae.com/
Amendment-deuce

Post by Amendment-deuce »

Thanks Curly1!

Also thank you OG17! That was extremely informative. I appreciate that... I'm amazed that the production date would be so recent on this gun. It definitely seems to be the MR61 though as it is all blued and not the 2 tone. I haven't seen any others around though and am happy I picked this one up in a trade. Thanks for the links so I can keep this thing up and running if anything decides to fail.

Thanks again for welcoming me to the forum and for the info. I hope to get a lot more rounds through this thing and maybe give y'all a range report.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

You are most welcome. My two-tone PA63 is stamped "PA-63" on the left side of the slide. However, the all blue one only says "Cal. 9mm" on the slide. The importers marked these things up so bad that they made look like a billboard.
bquinn

Post by bquinn »

I have a FEG RK59.
I haven't seen any of these listed anywhere. The articles I have read gives an adequate history, but can't seem to find anyone that has any experience with one.
Surely, I don't have the last one in existence.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

bquinn wrote: April 6th, 2018, 8:10 pm I have a FEG RK59.
I haven't seen any of these listed anywhere. The articles I have read gives an adequate history, but can't seem to find anyone that has any experience with one.
Surely, I don't have the last one in existence.
I'm not sure what you mean here. There are some on Armslist... Also YouTube videos, plenty of pictures of RK-59s that people own floating out on the web, as well as reviews.

Yes there is going to be less of them. As stated here they realized that the frame would not hold up and changed the design:
http://www.hungariae.com/FegRK59.htm
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.