Another 9x18

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
OG17

Another 9x18

Post by OG17 »

Just added a new 9x18 to my stable. It's a 1975 FEG PA63 in all blue. Traded in the P64 for it since the 64's SA trigger was to light for me. I had replaced the P64 with the FEG SMC-918 which Curly likes a lot. It doesn't have any import marks on the slide, they are on the rear of the trigger guard on the right side of the gun. Although the grips look mismatched they're not according to the pictures on the Hungarian Weapons site. (Edited for clarification)

http://www.hungariae.com/FegPA63.htm

Last edited by OG17 on September 3rd, 2017, 9:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Another 9x18

Post by Ketchman »

Nice score OG. And.no import marks. Very cool.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Thanks buddy. The import marks are in fact on the rear of the trigger guard on the right side of the gun. I should have clarified it by saying that the slide is absent of those annoying import marks that we see on these types of guns.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

cool. Nice that they are unobtrusive?
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Nice one OG, I have an all blue one also.
Attachments
PA63l.jpg
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
OG17

Post by OG17 »

Thanks Curly. Yours is a nice one as well. It looks nice and clean. Are those custom made grips? I'm always wondering about the differences in the roll marks. Mine has the Cal. 9mm in script/italics and "Made In Hungary" in San Serif. Yours just has PA 63 on it. Were the ones issued to the police/military absent of any roll marks? If so, the only marks I would assume they had on them are the ones on the rear of the trigger guard on the left side.

I also have the two-tone version of it. If you check out the link I have in the thread, my two-tone version has the variant 3 frame and the inspection marks with the variant 4 slide roll marks. But it still functions just fine.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

OG yes those were some custom Marcshalls grips from the Czech republic that I won on the cheap on GB a couple of years ago.

Good question it may be that it was a police or military issue w/o the roll marks.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary