Missing Rear sights on Bulgarian Makarov

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Rakin

Missing Rear sights on Bulgarian Makarov

Post by Rakin »

Looking for advice. Picked up a Bulgarian Makarov from my FFL today and both the FFL and I failed to notice it was missing the rear sights. Not going to mention who I purchased it from other then they are an on-line retailer since they have not had a chance to respond to an email I sent asking what they want to do. I paid extra for hand select so other than the missing rear sight, looks 90-95% before dissemble and cleaning.

So my question(s) are, what would you do? Still need to allow the seller to respond on options before I do anything.

If I choose to keep and order the rear sight myself, what is the correct rear sight for a Bulgarian. Apparently they are numbered based on height so what number is stock Bulgarian? (if you have one could you take a peak form me?) And who is a trusted source for the correct sight. I suspect there are cheap reproductions floating around.

Thanks in advance for the responses/advice

Rakin
Rakin

Re: Missing Rear sights on Bulgarian Makarov

Post by Rakin »

Seller was Classic Firearms and they are working with me to resolve the issue. Firearm was near perfect, minus the sights
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Amazing how they can let that go out the door w/o any back sites.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Rakin

Post by Rakin »

I think it was one of those things that if you were looking right at it you would not notice it. Not upset and they are working with me. I am getting some sights I purchased from another forum member Monday to see if this is a quick fix. If not Classic has indicated they will make it right still.

Rakin