P-83 grips

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
DesertAZ

P-83 grips

Post by DesertAZ »

Well i broke down and ordered the wood p83 grips from grips4u and i have to say i am pleased. The grips are beautiful. (Checked everywhere else/wrote EVERYONE else for grips to no avail). My only issue is the rear of the slide extends about an 1/8 of an inch in a small portion. Other than that....wow. i read about a pair breaking on someone so i decided to have them sent off to be "stabilized". The grips are thicker on the sides and less bulk in the heel. It shaves off a good 1/4 which feels better in my 6'1" slim, but not small hands. What a difference in the feel of the gun. .So good that i decided to send the wood grips off to Tillander Grips to have David make me a high impact resin set for my other p83. He is going to make a slight modification to accommodate the over reaching slide but i will update.
DesertAZ

Re: P-83 grips

Post by DesertAZ »

here is a photo
Attachments
p83
p83
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yes very nice looking!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

DesertAZ wrote:which feels better in my 6'1" slim, but not small hands.
Your hands are 6'1" big? Good lord man, you belong in the Guinness book. That gun must disappear in your grip :wink:
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

Yes, I may have made a slight error in my punctuation. If that bothers you then you should perhaps capitalize "Lord" then put a comma directly after it. Are you beginning a new sentence after "man"? If so, you need a period and then capitalize "You". You may want to capitalize "Book" as well and utilize the full name as that is a formal name for the Guinness Book of World Records. That is, of course, unless you are refering to the beer? I'll fix my error if you fix your three. :)

Any comment on the actual original post?
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Your grips are major cool. Something to ponder!
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
Sunset_Va

Post by Sunset_Va »

Marschal has a prototype set of P83 walnut grips on his website. I also ordered the wood Grips4U grips, because I liked the checkering pattern better than Marschals, but both are nice grips.

Mine should arrive next week, not much difference in the price.