Open carry Holster P-83

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
valetnlv

Open carry Holster P-83

Post by valetnlv »

I have a great open carry leather holster for my p-64 but cant find one to fit my p-83 . Any help ?
chestertnted

Re: Open carry Holster P-83

Post by chestertnted »

I am with you. I have one that is okay, but not one made for it.
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

i just found one on e bay almost looks like the one i have for my p64 but a little bigger
Attachments
s-l1600.jpg
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

no luck it is just a little to small, gotta send it back. now back to looking for one
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

I use a bagmaster nylon pancake for mine
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

thank you i ordered a Remora holster a few days ago, we will see how it fits. thanks again
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

Try some holsters designed for a Beretta 85FS, or a Makarov (PM). I carry mine in a Bianchi holster designed for the 85.
valetnlv

Post by valetnlv »

Thank you
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Ordered a CZ 82 holster that is supposed to work for Mak's and P-83's too.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

I did some searching online and found a Polish military drop leg holster on Ebay. Saw some photos of troops wearing it as well sporting the P-83. Well, it's camo but I ordered it anyway and I am very pleased. Not only does it fit my P-83 but the tag actually says P-83. It has options as I detached the drop leg part and took off one of the straps to accommodate open carry on my belt. Two mag pouches also came with it. Very pleased.

I was, however, disappointed with the wear on my slide from just carrying a little. Finish is really thin on these guns. It was depressing me as I want to CC this one. Reblue a $180 gun? Paint the gun? These are sins to many. I know it is not a collectors item but I just can't stand to worsen a finish, and with my sweaty hands. What to do?

Gun Skins. Yes, I know a bit cheesy and they don't have plain black. Oh, well. I thought I would give it a try. Got the A-Tacs AU in hopes it would be close to the holster. It's not too bad and I love that I can holster and manhandle the P-83 now and not permanently alter it, spend tons of cash on it, and actually protect it from further wear.

So, I was also pissed about no after market sights so after checking out glow stuff, I thought I would try out Glow-on. Amazon had a small vile as well as some adhesive glow vinyl. Hmm....Okay. So I cut a piece of the vinyl stuff (ignored the paint for now) to fit over the entire rear sight viewing from the top and rear. Stuck it to the gun after cleaning. Then I cut a long thin strip and attached it to the front sight running back toward the rear. Then I put on the Gunskin and stretched and pulled, and pressed and heated and it actually sealed up quite well.

The bummer is I did things a little half fast because I figured it was not going to work to my satisfaction. I was wrong and wish now that I had taken I bit more care to make it look better. It worked great. The glow adhesive sticks so well like shrink wrap sucking the stuff firmly against the sights. On the front sight, trimmed it up and put some clear nail polish to keep the exposed tip sealed to the front sight. It is very secure.

It glows very well with very little light. I woke up at 4 AM and could still see the sights very clearly given that my eyes were adjusted and it had been well over 5 hours since they were charged. When I put the light on them to charge them, they are almost too bright putting a glow on my face (yes, that bright). I took a photo in a dark room a few minutes ago, but the photo sucks, sorry about the focus. Very effective at 4AM.

Anyway, now that I know this configuration actually works and holds up to holster wear I may redo it a little better. I'm stoked!

BTW, the grips in the photo are not the standard grips. If you look they are a copy of a wood set I have that Dave Tollander copied for me. They are thinner in the heel (you can tell by how close the mag release is to the back)
Attachments
1-19-2016-10-15-07-AM.JPG
1-19-2016-10-14-16-AM.JPG
1-19-2016-10-14-12-AM.JPG
1-19-2016-10-14-04-AM.JPG
1-19-2016-10-13-53-AM.JPG
Last edited by DesertAZ on January 19th, 2016, 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DesertAZ

Post by DesertAZ »

a few more photos.
Attachments
1-19-2016-10-15-16-AM.JPG
1-19-2016-10-15-25-AM.JPG
1-19-2016-10-15-12-AM.JPG
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

holy gunskin! How the heck does that stuff work?