Makarov 9x18 Long Barrel or Threaded Barrel

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
sigismondo

Makarov 9x18 Long Barrel or Threaded Barrel

Post by sigismondo »

Dear all,

I have a nice 1987 Bulgarian Makarov that I'm slowly customizing I would love to have a custom 9X18 barrel (eventually with screw on compensator). Do you know if anyone makes them?

At the moment I'm based in Switzerland so it would be nice if you can as well ship abroad.

Thank you.
lklawson

Re: Makarov 9x18 Long Barrel or Threaded Barrel

Post by lklawson »

There was a small run of them made years ago, back when Makarov.com was still alive. I don't think that anyone has made any since. I imagine that the barrels are still out there, though I suppose most of them are installed. There may be a few of them sitting on the parts shelf of the odd collector here and there but my experience is that they're loath to release parts from their collection.

So, yes, threaded Makarov "PM" barrels do exist, but they may be hard for you to come by now. It may be a bit of a quest to find one.

Good luck. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Found a .380ACP threaded barrel for your Mak.

http://www.gunpartswarehouse.com/pistol ... stol.html/

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
nevermore0069

Post by nevermore0069 »

Has anyone been able to locate a currently available Makarov PM threaded barrel? The link above no longer includes a listing for one, even though the fake suppressor links to the page where it was once available.
makarov1960

Post by makarov1960 »

I know this is an older thread but I'm new to the forum and wasn't sure where to put it. I have a Bulgarian Makarov with a threaded barrel and would like to get a couple more (barrels). As many may know finding one these days is impossible. I have used Lone Wolf barrels, both replacement and conversion, in other guns I have. I contacted their manufacturing department at "marketing@lonewolfdist.com" asking if they ever considered manufacturing one. The gentleman that replied indicated he would add it to their customer request list. They keep track of requests and when they have capacity they refer to the list to see what was requested most. Maybe others could ask and bump the request up on the list? Thanks!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Vostok61

Post by Vostok61 »

I'm not against a threaded barrel Makarov as well, I'll see if I can grab a Mak somewhere when I get paid and will see how it goes after that.