Intro and my new P83 from Wideners

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
dwcopple

Intro and my new P83 from Wideners

Post by dwcopple »

Hi, I am joining because I just acquired a P83 and this place appears to be the place that is most appropriate. I live in Mid-Michigan and am a gun enthusiast. I have my C&R license and enjoy milsurp stuff but also like some of the modern stuff too. I look forward to learning more here. As for the P83...

I picked it up this AM. Could not resist $200 shipped from Wideners. My local guy does $15 FFL xfers so I jumped on it. The pistol was slathered in clear oil of some sort. I cleaned it up with some Ed's Red and oiled with German Castrol 0W30 and a tiny smear of grease on the frame rails. Action is very slick. Condition is good with holster wear. Holster had one seam ripped out but IDC and will probably re-stitch it at some point. Gun is a bit heavy but carries very slim in a BlackHawk (uncle mike's) IWB size 1. I also have a DeSantis pocket-tuk I will try it in too. The mags and pistol are matching #'s and the mags had tape residue that I cleaned off with WD40 where they must've been taped to the gun at some point. Pics:
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Intro and my new P83 from Wideners

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome dwcopple nice.83.you picked up for a great price. I've been tempted to get another 83 and if I do it will be from them. I'm just south of Detroit but spend time in Gladwin and Mancelona area for some vacation time.
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

cool^
are you a migunowers.org member?
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Yes same except a space in manic mechanic. On MGO is what I mean.
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

cool, I am dwcopple there too
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome and you got a nice one at a bargain.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dwcopple

Post by dwcopple »

Actually mine is the worst example I've seen of this batch. Most others looked unissued. Oh well. I plan on carrying it mostly so i don't mind.
EMS

Post by EMS »

Regarding the writing on the holster.

"St. Sierż." is an abbreviation of "Starszy Sierżant" which means "Staff Sergeant" a rank both in the Polish Army, Air Force and Police. Judging by the brown color of the leather the holster is probably a Polish army holster.

Czajka is a Polish surname and also the Polish name of the Northern lapwing http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_lapwing a small bird species.
craig

Post by craig »

Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered one from them - I hope it looks as good as your's. My FFL charges $35 which includes the background check fee.
There is no free lunch
Pilot

Post by Pilot »

I recently bought two from Wideners. One is a 1988, and the other 1987. Both look like they were shot very, very little, but carried as there is slight holster wear at the muzzle. Other than that they look virtually new. You should be fine.