Newb W/ P83

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Drewski

Newb W/ P83

Post by Drewski »

Hello,
Name's Drew, I reside in North Fl, and I have a problem. I luv commie faciest firearms. I stumbled upon this site researching info on my latest purchase, P83. I have noticed as so many of others have, there is limited information on this pistol. In english anyways. I look forward to the disscussion and learning potential a site like this provides. Anyho, got some pics wanna see them here ya go
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Newb W/ P83

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Drew.

Nice example give us a range report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Nice P-83 and happy new year.

I hope you re-engage the take-down latch before you go shooting. Or you might launch your slide.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
bembry

Post by bembry »

I love my P-83--my favorite 9x18. Can't find any aftermarket grips for it though.
My 9x18s:
Radom P-64
CZ-82
Bulgarian PM
FEG PA-63
P83 "Wanad"
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the welcome. I had the opportunity to send a few down range today, along side my Rusky Makarov. I have to say their very close in comparison. Imo, the P83 has a longer trigger with a little more pop than the Russian. Preference really in comparison imo. I was very impressed with the accuracy and overall function. Im very pleased with this little guy, deff of the Makarov-ish family. Yea I could see were the take down latch would be a problem, thanks for the insight neverther less. I would like to find a dissambly instructions in english, so I can tear this gun apart to understand its functionality.

Drew
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

I see you've got one with the green trigger also. Mine is like that and haven't seen any others until yours. I wonder if it was a 1987 thing?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4064&p=41192#p41192
petesimon

Post by petesimon »

Drewski wrote:there is limited information on this pistol.
Howdy from Oklahoma. I made a kind of manual file, more like a user's guide for the P-83 pistol. Check the following forum post and other links below to get a PDF or other file of the manaul:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5407#p50487

Google Drive
http://goo.gl/QgGpIu

And this little web page
https://sites.google.com/site/petesimon ... anadpistol

Cheers!