CZ82 spring?

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
leadhead2

CZ82 spring?

Post by leadhead2 »

Will a bent slide stop spring cause firing problems?
Denny
wlockridge

Re: CZ82 spring?

Post by wlockridge »

Denny
Are you referring to the recoil spring that slides over the barrel ? If possible upload a pic of the spring in question. Also remember that 90% of all stoppages, feeding, and extraction problems with this gun are due to improper cleaning or no cleaning at all of the weapon. If it's new to you and was in never fired condition there will be gobs of cosmoline inside of it, I had to soak mine, disassembled, in kerosene over night and blow it out with compressed air and it still took a little carb cleaner to get it all off. I doubt that the spring being bent a little would cause much problem as it is captive around the barrel. I hope this helps but I imagine someone else knows more as there are guys on here that probably have forgotten more than I know about it. I'm sure they will be ringing in before long.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
leadhead2

Post by leadhead2 »

I have disassembled the pistol completely and found the
sear spring is broken. The problem was the hammer would not
drop when trying to fire in double action. I don't know if
the broken spring would cause this or not.
Denny
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Denny,
That issue sounds more like a problem in the disconnect but then again we’re venturing into territory that I'm not familiar with. I don't believe the broken sear spring would cause the double action problem that you are describing. I would PM Weasel or Curly or any of the more experienced members and describe the issue to them. Of course you're going to have to replace the broken sear spring but I don't think that will solve you're DA issue. At any rate I would rather give no advice than bad advice. Check with any of the members that have more board time. I've found that they are more than willing to help. It's a good group. Good luck, stay safe.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Nope sorry, I can't help as much as before. Been working allot of hours here in the Stans recently. So my brain is fried when I get off. Plus all my guns are packed up at home. Here is a good disassembly page tho hopefully the pics will help.
http://leolani.net/relics/cz82.html

Also maybe contact the guy having the sear spring problem in this thread.:
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread. ... ear-Spring
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.