Installing Marschal Grips on a CZ82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Installing Marschal Grips on a CZ82

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

This may have been covered elsewhere, although my "search" yielded nothing. It seems that I read somewhere that Marschal grips tend to crack if you overtighten the screws. The poster suggested placing small rubber o-rings between the grip and the frame (as I understood it) at each screw hole. I've also read that CZ-USA has "grip panel inserts" ( http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-0330108001/Gri ... rt-83.aspx ) intended for this purposes. Any guidance from anyone?
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
bembry

Re: Installing Marschal Grips on a CZ82

Post by bembry »

Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:This may have been covered elsewhere, although my "search" yielded nothing. It seems that I read somewhere that Marschal grips tend to crack if you overtighten the screws. The poster suggested placing small rubber o-rings between the grip and the frame (as I understood it) at each screw hole. I've also read that CZ-USA has "grip panel inserts" ( http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-0330108001/Gri ... rt-83.aspx ) intended for this purposes. Any guidance from anyone?
Mine had the little lock washers included with the grips, so that's what I used. I haven't shot it yet with the grips on, so I don't know if they will work loose like the stock grips did. One big issue though for me--my magazine used to free fall really well, but now it binds up badly with the Marschal grips. I mean, I have to really dig the mag out with my fingernails it binds so tightly, and I didn't tighten the screws up very much at all.
My 9x18s:
Radom P-64
CZ-82
Bulgarian PM
FEG PA-63
P83 "Wanad"
lklawson

Re: Installing Marschal Grips on a CZ82

Post by lklawson »

bembry wrote:
Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:This may have been covered elsewhere, although my "search" yielded nothing. It seems that I read somewhere that Marschal grips tend to crack if you overtighten the screws. The poster suggested placing small rubber o-rings between the grip and the frame (as I understood it) at each screw hole. I've also read that CZ-USA has "grip panel inserts" ( http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-0330108001/Gri ... rt-83.aspx ) intended for this purposes. Any guidance from anyone?
Mine had the little lock washers included with the grips, so that's what I used. I haven't shot it yet with the grips on, so I don't know if they will work loose like the stock grips did. One big issue though for me--my magazine used to free fall really well, but now it binds up badly with the Marschal grips. I mean, I have to really dig the mag out with my fingernails it binds so tightly, and I didn't tighten the screws up very much at all.
You may have to do some "minor fitting" of the grips. Might have one or both of them that are just a trifle much on the inside or might be dragging some place. You may have to sand it down. Take them off again and look for marks on the inside of the grips to show where it is dragging.

It might also be binding up elsewhere.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."