Privi Partizan Problem w/my CZ82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Donzi

Re: Privi Partizan Problem w/my CZ82

Post by Donzi »

Hurryin' Hoosier wrote:I agree with Weasel. It has to be something to do with the magazines - either the lips or the followers. If your smith checked the bottom of the slide and the ramp, it sounds like you've exhausted all the other possibilities.
I've come to believe that you're probably right. I'll try to buy another one, or borrow one of my brother's. Thanks again.
"Jeez, Tommy, don't you believe in anything?
Yeah, I believe in ammo. As much as I can carry."
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Okay, so I finally got off my lazy butt & sent both my mags to my brother, who lives in Texas. He has a perfectly operating CZ82 & will try out my mags w/it & then we shall se what we shall see. If it isn't the mags, I may have a pistol f/sale cheap on this site real soon, as I'm tired of messing w/it. BTW, to the person who said I could buy another mag, I've looked around online & found prices between $69 & $79 per mag. F/a retiree on a rigid income(me) that's not gonna work. I was tempted to buy a new CZ83 mag from CZ until I read that the lip area & followers are different from the 82's. Just my luck. Anyway, I'll report back here on my bro's findings.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

CZ-83 .380ACP (9MM Browning) magazines are same-same vz.82 magazines.
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Donzi wrote:Okay, so I finally got off my lazy butt & sent both my mags to my brother, who lives in Texas. He has a perfectly operating CZ82 & will try out my mags w/it & then we shall se what we shall see. If it isn't the mags, I may have a pistol f/sale cheap on this site real soon, as I'm tired of messing w/it. BTW, to the person who said I could buy another mag, I've looked around online & found prices between $69 & $79 per mag. F/a retiree on a rigid income(me) that's not gonna work. I was tempted to buy a new CZ83 mag from CZ until I read that the lip area & followers are different from the 82's. Just my luck. Anyway, I'll report back here on my bro's findings.
I really think you need to expand your search criteria. Just off hand I know that $70 is to much online. J&G has them for $50.
http://www.jgsales.com/cz-82-83-militar ... -1603.html
Plus they say that they will work for both the 82 and 83. I know they say may vary from whats pictured, but in the picture they are the original military issue 82 mag. You can tell by the cross sword military acceptance stamp on the two facing left.

Here is another thread I came across with a similar issue. Overall they think it's the mag springs to weak, or the recoil spring.
http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/showthrea ... 82-jamming

Sucks that Wolff is not making replacement mag springs and CZ is sold out. It looks like a $5 sold out part is the fix to your problem.
https://shop.cz-usa.com/P-034008200310/ ... ng-83.aspx

Not sure where you saw that the 83 mags won't work, but everything that I'm seeing say they will work. The only main difference is that the witness holes for round count will be slightly different as the .380 is a lightly thinner round. CZ's page even says their 10 rounders for the 83 will work with the 82 "MAG CZ 83 380 10RD, ALSO FITS SURPLUS CZ82 MODEL". The 10 rounders also run about $10 cheaper than the 12 rounders if cost is an issue try those.
https://shop.cz-usa.com/P-11301/Mag-Cz-83-380-10rd.aspx

$40 at J&G
http://www.jgsales.com/cz-82-83-cz-usa- ... -2364.html
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

If your ammo is marked 9x18 then your weapon should fire it. Check the end of your barrel and look for built up carbon. Soak it in Hoopies and then bore brush the hell out of it and try it again. I would bet that would solve your problem.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
lincen

Post by lincen »

If you have a dial or digital caliper you can measure the PPU cartridges and compare those measurements with another 9x18 cartridge.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

I talked to J&G this AM & ordered a 12 round mag($60, shipped!). Hope this works. Re previous posts: The barrel& chamber are clean as a whistle, the recoil spring is a replacement, and I don't think the mag springs are weak(will compare w/the new mag when received), & my electronic calipers are on the blink. I'm gonna let this thread rest til I hear from my brother & get the replacement mag.
Again, thanks f/all the suggestions.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Right you are! Talked to my brother yesterday. He tried my 2 mags in his 82 & had even more trouble than I did; they consistently jammed & stove-piped, and one of them wouldn't come free of the pistol without the aid of a screwdriver. I'm supposed to receive another(factory) grip this week & I'll report the results here. I still can't figure out the problem(s) w/the original mags, but my bro is going to mike all the pertinent areas & will let me know the results. He'll also try mag springs & followers from his known good mags.
Donzi

Post by Donzi »

Turns out that the real problem was a large burr on the bolt face inner edge, which knocked the cartridge off-kilter while loading & caused the jams. Too bad my "experienced" gunsmith couldn't spot that. Fortunately f/me, my brother could. He filed the burr off & all is now well. Live & learn.
Donzi
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Good news!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

Just let us know if there are any more problems which we need to solve! :mrgreen:
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"