P-83 holster options for concealed carry

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
jalove12

P-83 holster options for concealed carry

Post by jalove12 »

Greetings everyone - I'm a new member and excited to finally be a part of such a great forum that I've lurked on for ages without ever joining. I have a Polish P-83 and am looking into holster options for concealed carry. I was hoping people have some suggestions. Based on my research, it appears that the Makorov and Sig P230 are the closest to the P-83 in size, length, width and height. Would holsters made for those models fit the P-83? Are there other options I'm missing? Thanks for your input.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P-83 holster options for concealed carry

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

I use a IWB holster from Remora

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Searc ... 120&page=1
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Welcome Jalove.

Although we'd like to help you, the fact that this thread has had 50 views and only one reply would seem to suggest that none of us really have a good answer for you.

We are all interested in the P-83 many of us have them. But for the most part don't conceal carry them. My go-to for concealed carry is my P-64. You are correct that the P-83 is similar in size to the Makarov, however since I don't conceal carry either I don't have CCW holsters to check fit.

You might also ask on the Makarov forum as I'm sure more folks over there CCW the Makarov and could check the fit of their holsters to a P-83.

I know Curly really likes those Remoras, where as I like Galco. The Galco IWB and/or Tuck-N-Go™ for the Bersa Thunder look like they would work. Or even maybe the Bianchi 100 Professional Holster. At one point Turtlecreek had P-83 IWB holsters available, you could check with them. Also one of the admins here, Dfunk makes very good holsters. His sight is USGunLeather.com, I don't see P-83 listed but you could check with him to see if he'll make one.

Fit/retention is very important for safety. The last thing I'll suggest is that you check with your local gun stores, Gander Mtn, or Cabela's to see if you can bring it in to fit to the holsters they carry. This way you are ensured to have proper fit.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
jalove12

Post by jalove12 »

Thanks gentleman - I was hoping to avoid the trial/error route with various holsters for similar, although not identically sized, handguns that might or might not work. Unless I can get a few more suggestions, looks like I might be going the custom route. But in the meantime, I'll check out the Mak forum to see what users there have said, and I'll check out Dfunk's USGunLeather shop. Not interested in Turtlecreek as I've had a bad experience with the lady there.

W/ that said, Curly, could you offer a little more re: your experience with Remora? I have to admit, I'm skeptical of a holster system with no belt loops or clip. How well does such a rig keep in place? What about excessive body movement?

Thanks again.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

It works really well gripping your clothing so it doesnt shift.

I have used it for my 9x18's and for the winter I have been using one for my Star BM which has some heft to it and I have no problems, very comfortable.

The one I am using for my Star BM also fits my Star PD so I like the idea of having to use only 2 remoras that can fit multiple guns.

I have no problem with normal body movement, I jumped up and down to test it when I first got it and wore it around the house for a couple of days and was happy with it.

I have 2 w/o the sweat shield. Got mine on the cheap on ebay auctions from peeps who didn't like them.

I also checked out the reviews on youtube before I went down that road.

I just make sure my belt is secured good enough to keep it in place.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jalove12

Post by jalove12 »

Awesome! Thanks for the info Curly. Next on my list is the CZ-82 so, like you, I also like the idea of a holster system that would work well w/ more than 1 9x18 pistol. I'll check out the Youtube vids for the Remora and give it some serious consideration.

Thanks everyone for responding. BTW - re: usgunleather - it looks like Dfunk is pretty backed up w/ prior orders - so looks like I'll wait awhile before considering a custom option for the P-83.

I'm planning on duracoating my P-83 in a two-tone at some point in the future. When I finally get around to it, I'll be sure to post some pics.

Take care everyone.
jalove12

Post by jalove12 »

FYI - Remora's offering an April promo where if you make a minimum holster purchase of $34.95 , they will throw in an additional holster free of charge. I've checked out the youtube reviews and I must admit, they seem like excellent (and affordable) carry options. Seems like size #7 will fit the P-83 as well as other similar 9x18 pistols. If anyone was thinking of getting one, now's the time. Thanks again Curly for turning me on to Remora.
kevin134

Post by kevin134 »

I sent you a pm about a place if your near Chicago to get one.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Kevin.

I just picked up another one off of ebay for my hi-power and 1911's.

Got it today looks like it was never used
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary