9x18 barrels for Makarov

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
dalek

9x18 barrels for Makarov

Post by dalek »

Yesterday I bought a imez single stack commercial MakarovFor a great price. Only problem it is a 38 cal one instead of 9x18. Where can I get a barrel for it? I used to see them by the on on gun broker and aimsurplus and other sites but now they seem to be gone. And yet I see tons of brand new 38cal barrels for the Makarov.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: 9x18 barrels for Makarov

Post by Weasel640 »

Do you mean .380 ACP? I'm not sure about where you are. But here it's really hit or miss for ammo. On average I'm finding .380 ACP allot easier. When I do find Makarov ammo it always marked at $30+ per 50. Likewise the .380 ACP is normally running $20-25 per 50. Ammo is kind of hit or miss now a days.

SO why would you want to change your barrel? Why not keep it the way it is? I assume that you have other Makarov chambered pistols since you are here, and you probably have Makarov ammo stocked up (So do I). But with a .380 ACP pistol in the mix it would diversify your ammo need, thus increasing you likely hood to find ammo you can use.

If you really want to go through the hassle of changing it... Here is one that was listed here a few years back: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1779
I'm guessing it probably sold, but maybe not, worth checking.
Everywhere else seems sold out.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
dalek

Re: 9x18 barrels for Makarov

Post by dalek »

Main reason is that I do not want to have to stockpile yet another caliber. I do not want to have lots of boxes of ammo but only a few per caliber. Focus. I already have 9x19 and 9x18... and 32 but that was for the Dreyse. Even my Tokarev is 9x19.

That said I have no problem waiting, but I do now regret not grabbing those barrels when they were $45 on December.