Polish P83 Wanad

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
lklawson

Polish P83 Wanad

Post by lklawson »

I'm seriously considering one. Gouger Mountain has them for ~$350. Seems a bit steep to me. I've googled around a bit but not found any decent prices at the usual suspects. J&G, AIM, don't seem to have 'em any longer. Suggestions?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Polish P83 Wanad

Post by Curly1 »

Yea that is way on the high side, does that include tax?

I picked mine up on GB earlier this year for $188 shipped.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4519

Here's one for with a BIN of $250 and $22 shipped even with your transfer fee you come out ahead.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Yeah that's way high. When J&G had them they were closer to $200. SOG has them for $180 in Very good to excellent condition, comes with two magazines. They aren't C&R so you'd need an FFL to even order them from SOG. Your FFL might quote you a higher price (MSRP) but odds are it'd still be cheaper than want Gander Mountain is asking.

I would get another one from SOG if my finances weren't tied up in wedding expenses right now.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Thanks for the links. :)

I already checked with one of my usual FFLs and he doesn't deal with SOG. I'm planning on stopping by a pawn, tonight, that I've done Transfers with before to see if they'll order.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Wizard6oBaghdad06

Post by Wizard6oBaghdad06 »

I bought one from SOG in the $188.00 range previously mentioned. It's competent, and SOG sent me a VG to VG+ example, but it was not impressive in any way. The little.P-64 could open up.a can o' whupa** on an assailant bearing the P-83. I wouldn't buy it again. But it is interesting as a comparison to the P-64 and other Makarov caliber weapons.
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

Seems way high. They're a neat weapon to be sure, but not $350 neat. :shock:
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

I'm working with the aforementioned pawn to order one from SOG.

I have a small Makarov caliber gun collection and I want a P83 to fit in with that.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
bembry

Post by bembry »

The mighty Wanad is my favorite 9x18. Sure--it's stamped steel, and not as Purdy as the P-64, but mine sure shoots well, is comfortable, and a lot of fun.

a definite "must have" for any 9x18 collection.

Bought mine a little over a month ago off brokegunner, $250 buy it now price.
My 9x18s:
Radom P-64
CZ-82
Bulgarian PM
FEG PA-63
P83 "Wanad"