My PA-63 and recoil, am I weird?

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
rwingsfan

My PA-63 and recoil, am I weird?

Post by rwingsfan »

I guess I should have shot my PA-63 with the stock springs first so I would have something to compare to, but really all the talk of bad recoil? I find both my PA-63 and my P-64 to be mild at best and have no trouble with slide bite, sore web, or any of the usual complaints. Maybe it comes from usually shooting larger caliber, but I find the 9X18 pleasently managable. Am I just weird?

Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: My PA-63 and recoil, am I weird?

Post by Ketchman »

Go red wings! No rwing, you are not wierd as I myself do not find either the P-64 nor the PA-63 to have excessive recoil. I guess it's like all in who you are and what your perception of "excessive" is. By the way, I too love the Wings.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
rwingsfan

Post by rwingsfan »

Yeah been a wings fan for forty years until this year. No hockey this year im afraid
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

It's all subjective. I thought my PF9 was a hard recoiling gun until I laid hands on the P64.

I imagine that if I regularly shot .357 Mag from a 5 chamber scandium snubbie, then the P64 would seem pretty mild.

The platform can make a lot of difference too. I have a CZ-70 and a Kel Tec P32. Both are .32ACP. The P32 is a fraction of the size, length, and weight of the '70, but it uses a browning recoil system whereas the '70 uses simple blowback. Despite being far heavier, the '70 has much more felt recoil than the very narrow and light P32. Strange, but true. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
rwingsfan

Post by rwingsfan »

Yeah I guess it boils down to perception. I find both my P-64 and the PA-63 to be quite pleasent to shoot with very little flip. I am totally amazed by the accuracy and can't figure out why I had never really tried them before. I picked up a Star M45 Firestar today that I am looking forward to shooting also.