Couldn't resist the wood STOCKS!!

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Couldn't resist the wood STOCKS!!

Post by manicmechanic »

I traded away my XD45 Compact for this Model 66 no-dash awhile back and still ended up with only phone pics. It was a local trade and I'll have to dig out some of the ammo he also threw in. It came with box, all papers and extra set of Hogue grips. I finally took those off and put the wood back on and can't wait to dust this barrel along with the MAG 98's. Story he told me was it belonged to a Southgate detective and lived in his safe. The guy I got it from, his dad bought it from the detective and the son ended trading for it. Barely looks to have had maybe a box or two shot thru it. The original box to is pretty rough, not sure if oil attacked it or what, but still good to have. Here's some pics, I think papa said it was of the 1975-76 vintage.
I can see I need to make me a picture box to start taking some real pics, especially if its stainless.

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Couldn't resist the wood STOCKS!!

Post by Curly1 »

That is a nice one.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

That is a sweet Smith! I think you did good on the trade. I had an XD45 that I just never warmed up to. One thing about it is that the more you shoot it, the better/smoother it will get! I notice too that it has a pinned barrel, and the firing pin is still on the hammer nose. Smith doesn't make them like that anymore. Good find!
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

that is one nice wheel gun I like the GRIPS...
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Thanks guys, I did finally get a chance to dust the barrel and my son lead the way. My eyes just didn't help the ole' guy out, the targets will show what I mean as soon as I get those up and posted. Anj I thought you'd like em'.
Mick0

Post by Mick0 »

Really nice woodwork which you did.I really like it I would like to say that there are many other products which are available in the market and online stores which used for gun grip and fulfill you desire which you want,In this way you can save your time which you spend for making manually wood grip or trigger, These products provide you same services which you get from you manually made items.Try to search online these products..

Brisbane Timber Fence