Fixed my CZ-82(s)

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Dwight

Fixed my CZ-82(s)

Post by Dwight »

When the trigger guard latch pin broke on the CZ-82 that I'd refinished in Duracoat, I found that replacement pins (the solid variety, with the turned-down end and the groove for the slide release lever spring) are simply not available. To get my pistol back up and running, I bought another CZ-82 and tore it down for use as spare parts. My refinished pistol was back up and running, but...

It broke my heart to have torn down a perfectly good shooter. So, I decided that I'd take a shot at a little home gunsmithing and see if I could get it back up and running again.

I bought a roll pin for a CZ-83, and a new slide release lever spring from Norm Sutton (great guy!). The new spring was necessary because the 1/2 loop on the original spring is too small a diameter to fit over the roll pin. It was necessary to drill out the small hole in the frame to 1/8 inch. It was also necessary to open up the loop in the new spring just a hair to get it to slip over the roll pin.

Putting it all back together was far easier than I had feared. Once you get the roll pin to start through the first hole, everything goes quite smoothly. No modification of any kind was necessary for the original trigger guard; it pops over the roll pin with just a drop more force needed than when using the original pin. I did follow Norm's advice and make sure that the roll pin was positioned such that the trigger guard rubs the solid side of the pin rather than along the seam.

I'll be taking my refurbished "spare parts" pistol to the range next weekend to certify that everything is working properly; but I have no doubt that she's going to run as good as new.

Dwight
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Fixed my CZ-82(s)

Post by Curly1 »

Good deal Dwight, let us know how it works out.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Dwight

Post by Dwight »

Dwight wrote:I'll be taking my refurbished "spare parts" pistol to the range next weekend to certify that everything is working properly; but I have no doubt that she's going to run as good as new.
I just got back from the range, and I'm happy to report that my re-worked parts gun ran like a champ! I'd never fired this particular pistol before, and I was able to get a smaller-than-baseball-sized group at about 21 feet. I had a buddy of mine give it a go, and he was able to get a smaller-than-golf-ball-sized group at the same distance.

These are just magnificent pistols.

Dwight
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Don't you luv it when a plan comes together? :)
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary