CZ-82 Safety moves too far down when setting to fire. PICS*

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
diescheize11

CZ-82 Safety moves too far down when setting to fire. PICS*

Post by diescheize11 »

With the hammer cocked and on safe, I can slide it down to set it on "fire", then I can move it another good click down from that. If you pull the trigger when it's like that, it moves itself back up to fire. Is this normal on these guns? I'm guessing not. I'm just about to break it down for a detailed cleaning and will check for worn parts, If I find any in question, I'll post a pic. Thanks for any help in advance...

*Should've added em to this first post, anyway PICS @ BOTTOM haha.
Last edited by diescheize11 on March 16th, 2012, 12:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: CZ-82 ? Safety moves too far down when setting to fire.

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum bro.

Yes a break down is in order, here is a site that goes into great detail if you need it.

http://sailorcurt.com/2008/04/cz-82-gun ... rt-1.html/
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I found this site extremely helpful when I did mine. I like that all the pictures and text are on one continuous page, you don't have to go through different pages to complete the breakdown. All in all it wasn't a horrible experience to take it apart and put it back together but I don't think I'll be doing it ever again. :)

http://myweb.cableone.net/leolani/cz-82 ... embly.html
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

Yes sir, that first one is the one my google skills pulled up. That second one looks a bit more organized and like you said clear pics. Anyway, Im at the step where you pull the safety off. I was sure I was gonna find something at this point. I'll finish it up tomorrow though. So far this has been a lot easier than my mak, well the hard part that sticks out to me was getting the recoil spring just right behind the hammer(reassembly)... probly some other steps too though.

I gotta admit, I don't own a 64, rest assured, I will look into one tonight. I was interested in the P-83, and this site had quite a few good google hits on it, not so long story short, I got a hold of Tad w/ Dalvar, and am anxiously waiting on a couple of these slick looking pistols!
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

The vz 82 is the big one. The P-64 is the small one. Start on both ends and fill in!!!!
I love 82/83's
Good luck and I know you are welcome here.
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

OK, didn't find anything. I took some pics though. I'm wondering if this pin is shorter than it should be.

And this is what the problem looks like.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: CZ-82 Safety moves too far down when setting to fire. PI

Post by juniustaylor »

Yes, the pin is too short. See below. You can see how far the pin sticks out so as to stop the lever from going too far down.

juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

It's part # 27 - Hammer Pin.

Here is one on gunbroker. You may look at other places too to see if you can find it any cheaper.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =277188721

--or here--
https://www.buymilsurp.com/hammer-pin-c ... 42167.html (tad cheaper) ($8 + $3.55 shipping)
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

Thanks for the links man!
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

juniustaylor wrote:It's part # 27 - Hammer Pin.

Here is one on gunbroker. You may look at other places too to see if you can find it any cheaper.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =277188721

--or here--
https://www.buymilsurp.com/hammer-pin-c ... 42167.html (tad cheaper) ($8 + $3.55 shipping)
How about $2 NEW?? http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-0330029001/Hammer-Pin-83.aspx
(ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH SURPLUS CZ82) The 82 surplus (9x18) and 83 (380ACP) are like identical twins, but with different "shoe sizes". (and different rifling in the barrel)

If you like that above link, check out http://shop.cz-usa.com/P-19202A/Meproli ... -7585.aspx I actually called CZ-USA on the phone, spoke with the "Gunsmith" dept. Yes, Meprolight Tritium Night Sights for the CZ-83 WILL fit the 82! It's all about rear sight height. You have to remove the original rear sight to get the "height number". Most are #4. It's amazing how CZ-USA MIS-spelled Meprolight :roll: (U will find NOTHING under Meprolight ...use Meprolite!)

Now, if Crimson Trace will either $hit or get off the pot! :!: Wouldn't YOU like a Laser Grip that fits your Mil Surplus CZ-82? Sure huh? OH! I forgot! It will fit like a glove on production CZ-83's. Like the hammer pin.

Who da-thunk? :shock:

At the end of the day, a "home invader" will prevail. Guard dogs, private security, alarm systems, will all fail. Your last backup is, "Yourself"!

Wow! All that crap from me over a $2 pin.

-Pace
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Good deal. I had checked CZ's website but it's such a crappy site. I had a hard time finding anything on there, it's just cluttered and junk. Anyway, a new pin may be the way to go. I think their shipping costs are a bit outlandish. $12 for a $2 pin that probably cost 1 cent to make. They could throw it in an envelope and spend 40 some cents on a postal stamp. Oh well, I'll step off my soap box about idiot companies charging highway robbery prices on their shipping costs. Ho hum. Interesting reading nutn.
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

Thanks a bunch nutnspecial. I tried searching their site yesterday w/o any luck(did search "cz 83" too). I agree their website is horrible! I actually jumped on there to find new grips and it appears they are out of stock, but on an ar15.com thread, those guys said they were in stock recently. I'm gonna call them tomorrow and I pray I can get a set. I found the shoulder holsters for 4.99 and get one or maybe two just to better my odds of not getting a shitty one.

One more thing. Wondering what the best way to strip and refinish the frame. Want to do it on the cheap, so thinking some sort of chemical stripper and engine enamel...... I do want to keep as close to factory finish as possible. It looks like the slide has been refinished sometime before TGI imported it. It reminds me of parkerization but I'm 99% sure it's paint, just that matte rough texture. Maybe it was original idk.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Plastic ones say out of stock. Wood ones are in stock.

http://shop.cz-usa.com/SearchByKeyword. ... d=83+grips
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

There have been some issues with the CZ made wood grips for the '83 breaking when used on the '82. I'd stick with the Marschall grips and just deal with the wait were I wanting a set of wood grips for my '82.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

They still have the plastic grips instock, placed my order!