AIM CZ82 review

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
superferrite

AIM CZ82 review

Post by superferrite »

Got mine yesterday. NRA VG condition, with just a wee bit of the stove paint flaking here and there, and a hairline crack in one grip panel.

This is one fine pistol, indeed the Cadillac (or maybe the Mercedes) of the Makarov-chambered guns.
Machining and fit are great, but the real story is in the design. Modern, functional, and ergonomic. A really great gun.
Hate the paint. I'll probably Parkerize it when my pal does his this summer.
And the holster it came with is silly.

Here it is hanging out with it's pals!
lklawson

Re: AIM CZ82 review

Post by lklawson »

superferrite wrote:This is one fine pistol, indeed the Cadillac (or maybe the Mercedes) of the Makarov-chambered guns.
Does that make the P64 the Triumph Spitfire of the Makarov-Chambered guns? ;)
Machining and fit are great, but the real story is in the design. Modern, functional, and ergonomic. A really great gun.
I agree they are truly excellent guns.

Looks like you've got a nice little Mak Trio there.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

Thanks for the review. I have two of these coming from Aim. I hope to have them tomorrow. I have a call in to my FFL to see if she has received them yet or not.

Yes I need my 03 C&R. As a matter of fact, I filled the forms out today, and will drop it in the mail tomorrow.
superferrite

Post by superferrite »

Best (and most expensive) thirty bucks you'll ever spend!
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

superferrite wrote:Best (and most expensive) thirty bucks you'll ever spend!
?? and most expensive? :?: My C&R arrived 3/12. Yet, here in New Orleans, there is one guy that will do FFL transfers for FREE! (with your NRA membership card) ...no NRA membership = $35 transfer fee. Of course, ALL of us should be NRA members. :roll:
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Nutnspecial wrote:
?? and most expensive? :?: My C&R arrived 3/12. Yet, here in New Orleans, there is one guy that will do FFL transfers for FREE! (with your NRA membership card) ...no NRA membership = $35 transfer fee. Of course, ALL of us should be NRA members. :roll:
It makes it easier and cheaper to buy when there is no FFL fee, but the best part is that the purchase is shipped right to your front door. Then there are all the discounts you get at many on-line retailers once you get to be called a "dealer" simply because of that $30 investment. You will have a hard time not buying more stuff.

Forgot to add that this also allows you to skip the waiting period on handgun purchases that many areas impose, which is 3 to 5 working days here in Florida "after" your local FFL dealer receives the shipment. (for those without a concealed carry permit). Since you are the receiving FFL ship to dealer ..... no wait.
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

RobsTV wrote:
Nutnspecial wrote:
It makes it easier and cheaper to buy when there is no FFL fee, but the best part is that the purchase is shipped right to your front door. Then there are all the discounts you get at many on-line retailers once you get to be called a "dealer" simply because of that $30 investment. You will have a hard time not buying more stuff.

Forgot to add that this also allows you to skip the waiting period on handgun purchases that many areas impose, which is 3 to 5 working days here in Florida "after" your local FFL dealer receives the shipment. (for those without a concealed carry permit). Since you are the receiving FFL ship to dealer ..... no wait.
OK...I see now, "most expensive" = "kid in the candy store"! :roll: I forgot that angle (LOL)
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

RobsTV wrote:Then there are all the discounts you get at many on-line retailers once you get to be called a "dealer" simply because of that $30 investment.

Ammo Included in discounts ?????? I am on the fence right now ......$30

You need a PA-63 too ...... Euro mark'ins only if you can ......... No vibrating pencil on my rig ........ LOVE IT
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

sharkey wrote:
RobsTV wrote:Then there are all the discounts you get at many on-line retailers once you get to be called a "dealer" simply because of that $30 investment.

Ammo Included in discounts ?????? I am on the fence right now ......$30

You need a PA-63 too ...... Euro mark'ins only if you can ......... No vibrating pencil on my rig ........ LOVE IT
LOL! No vibrating Pencil (.003 in depth as mandated by the ATF to Importers) :evil: ....like this "Bill Board"?

I'm going to grind/fill that crap off....being I don't live in CA or IL, which have issues on removing "Import Marks", except for "reasons of repair".

I'm glad I live in Louisiana! Open Carry with "shall issue" CHP! ...and now, Proposed Bill Would Rewrite Louisiana's "Right to Bear Arms" (LA Senate Bill 303) Read this:
http://www.katc.com/news/proposed-bill- ... ear-arms-/

Do I vote? YES indeed :D
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I hate billboards right on the side of the slide. They can't just leave them off or put them in an inconspicuous place at least. Potlickers! My Turk Mauser has it etched by the muzzle of the rifle under the barrel so it's practically covered by the cleaning rod. That was nice.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
brumler

Post by brumler »

Nice Gun love mine, shooting is a pleasure. Mine has very little wear and it came from Classic Arms. 10,00 hand select was worth it
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

brumler wrote:Nice Gun love mine, shooting is a pleasure. Mine has very little wear and it came from Classic Arms. 10,00 hand select was worth it
Agreed! Although, I'd like to "witness" the guy or gal doing the "hand pick" options. :roll: I've seen "hand picks" (not from Classic) that Helen Keller could have done a better job at! :shock:
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

juniustaylor wrote:I hate billboards right on the side of the slide. They can't just leave them off or put them in an inconspicuous place at least. Potlickers! My Turk Mauser has it etched by the muzzle of the rifle under the barrel so it's practically covered by the cleaning rod. That was nice.
OMG! "Potlickers"! :shock: :lol: Luv it!

I'm thinking about having the slide only refinished, however, I'd like the refinish to closely match the enamel/epoxy paint of the frame/slide's original looks. Leaving the .003" importer's marks "barely" visible (so I can visit CA or IL with it). :?

I'll wait until I get the Meprolight Tritium night sights. That way I can have both slide refinish and sight installation done at the same time. :) As in "killing 2 birds with one stone". (pun intended)