PA-63

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
sharkey

PA-63

Post by sharkey »

Anybody else get score marks on the spent shells ....... It's an FEG PA-63

I want to reload but why save a ruined casing ......

Love how it shoots after springs and a little clean'in up ..... But I'm no gunsmith but know my way around ... and I was woundering ...... any you kitchen table guy's fixed it ..... PICS?

Oh I did try "Search"
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: PA-63

Post by Curly1 »

Score marks are on the case head?

You got pics?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
jamminjon

Post by jamminjon »

Yeah my bullets get gouge marks on them from racking the slide and theres brass residue by the firing pin
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Sharkey/Jammin can you post pics?

Especially of the primer end of a spent shell.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Sharkey's sounds like they're on the sidewalls of the case. Almost like if it were to come out and be rotating backwards during ejection enough to cause it to slap against the slide/ejection port area. This could cause a small mark or light ding. Not much you could do about this. Pictures would be helpful though to see what is going on.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

OK I have seen that on my TT33 along with a scoring mark from the middle of the primer to the edge of the case from the firing pin draggin on it.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Very true Curly on seeing those striation marks on the primer. The drag marks are caused from the firing pin not getting retracted into the bolt face quick enough during extraction/ejection. Thus when the case is ejected sideways, it causes the pin to drag across the primer over the the case head area.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

the scratchs/gouges are on the side of the case and I need to post a pic but can't get a clear shot with my camera ....... I will try to get someone to go macro and upload .... Thank you for the replies ......
Last edited by sharkey on February 19th, 2012, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
leadhead2

Post by leadhead2 »

The lips on the mag will scratch the hell out of the
brass and bullet. Mine does it all the time. Been
thinking about stoneing the sharp edges on the mags.
Denny

Post by 303 »

Because I was getting prominent scratches on one side of ejected cartridges, I searched on "scratch" and found this old thread. After reading it I looked closely at my magazine feed lips (using a magnifying glass) and saw that the forward point on one side was bent in probably no more than 2mm and possibly less, and that the center edge was bowed out just ever so slightly... perhaps half a mm. A little very gentle handiwork with a set of small needlepoint pliers restored proper alignment (the slight gap between the edge of the follower and that magazine lip... not to be seen on the other side... disappeared) and I filed the inside edge of the magazine lip lightly just to remove any possible burrs the pliers may have caused. I'm pretty sure that fixed the problem, but at the very least functioning is "improved". There was some unusual resistance in pushing rounds out with my finger before I worked on the lip, but that resistance went away afterwards.