My P-83

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
DoubleTap

Re: My P-83

Post by DoubleTap »

"Will my Mak cal addiction ever find a end?"

Well...I have 11 guns in that caliber now and there's more I'd like to buy. So no...probably not! :D
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Curses! ;)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Birds Away

Post by Birds Away »

lklawson wrote:
DoubleTap wrote:I love my P-83! Feels a little better in my hands than my Maks.

Gah!

Stop it! You're kill'n me!

I already have 3-4 guns ahead of it on my my list but the more P-83 pics you guys throw up, the worse off I am!

Will my Mak cal addiction ever find a end?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4010
lklawson wrote:Starting at 12:00

Imez IJ70-18AH, P64, CZ-82, PA-63, Norinco Mod. 59

Now I just need to get a P83 and find some way to get a FORT-12 ;)
Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
Very nice group. That P-83 would fit in very nicely.
Birds Away

Post by Birds Away »

FWIW I have a Bulgarian Makarov for sale. It comes with 3 mags, holster, cleaning rod. It is in very good condition. Just thinning the herd a bit so I can buy others.
newto9x18
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by newto9x18 »

diescheize11:

I picked up my EG Mak at a local estate liquidation auction. NRA used excellent condition, one spare mag and the usual leather holster. Very well cared for and posssibly the cleanest used firearm I've ever purchased.

The Bulgy Mak is a Gunbroker auction purchase. The price seemed consistant with some of the on-line retailers for the recent imports, and the sellers shipping charge was very reasonable. My FFL hasn't received it yet, but I asked the seller lots of questions. Seller is an FFL that apparently acquired some of the recent surplus ones into the US. Should be NRA used excellent, one I get the cosmoline out of it. Thank goodness the Maks are so easy to completely dissassemble and reassemble.

IMO, your best dollar bet is to try for estate or liquidation auctions, or a private seller in your state that will do a ftf bill of sale. You might follow whatever free private seller internet gun listings that are available in your state to see if one pops up.

Good luck.
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

Thanks for the response bud!
Birds Away

Post by Birds Away »

diescheize11 wrote:I'm so excited to pick up my 83 later in the week! They really do look like they may be more comfortable to shoot/hold than a Mak. I might have to wait till a late April gun show to test it out though. Nobody carries 9x18 around here(Green Bay) except for Gander Mt. which charges 20 or 25 a box, and even these guys say they're gonna stop stocking it. Back in Lakewood WA they charged $10 a box. I will probly break down and pick one up though.

newto9x18 care to share your source on them maks? Looking for a nice one that won't break the bank.
I order all my ammo. I usually get Silver Bear or Brown Bear. Works very well in all my 9x18s. I can get 500 rounds for just under $100 plus shipping. It works out very nicely. While I am going through the rounds I set aside a little here and a little there and order again as necessary. My go to place lately has been Military Shooters. They get the order and ship right away. I can't believe these retail places getting $20 plus a box. I also use the Silver Bear HPs. I hope this helps for those overpaying.
diescheize11

Post by diescheize11 »

I know. Then they bitch about people ordering on the net. Whatever though, I've heard some gun stores actually need to charge high to stay in business. Gander mt. tho, probly not so much.

Depending on shipping, I may order a 500rd box before the show hits. Last time one was around, the ammo booth was charging i believe about $100 for 500rds, or $200 for 1000. So they beat online since no shipping.
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

Man, those Maks and CZ's are making me envious! Damn. All I have are two P-64's. :oops:
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.