CZ 82 question

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
mojo357

Re: CZ 82 question

Post by mojo357 »

If anyone has a CZ-82 with chipped paint and doesn't want to do a complete new finish, I've found that Rust-O-leum's American Accents Paint Pen is great for touching it up. The paint blends perfectly and is easy to apply. Just be sure to shake the pen well until the felt tip is saturated, then dab gently. They pop up on ebay cheap. I wouldn't know about any other brands, just know the Rustoleum AA worked for me.

The CZ's stock painted finish looks crude compared to other finishes but seems to work well. My gun has no pitting at all.
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

Good tip! :D
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

I have stripped paint off many CZ-82 pistols and have reblued them. It's an easy process. I use Zip-Strip to strip the paint and Birchwood-Casey cold bluing.

The upper right and left I added marschal grips which really give the guns a nice look. The lower right is one of my IWB tuckable holsters and the Leatherman case I use to carry a spare magazine.

I essentially disassembled the guns and stripped the old paint with "Zip-Strip", rinsed, cleaned off stray paint with 280 grit sand paper and super fine 0000 steel wool. Then I degreased the gun and used rust/blue remover, rinsed and then repeated with the degreaser. Finally I blued the guns with a liquid blue (Birchwood Casey) and worked the metal with more super fine steel wool to even the bluing over the metal surfaces, rinsing with cold water after each application. I repeated the bluing process a few times until darked. It actually come out close to the bead blasted and parkerized finishes but with a slightly reflective patina finish.

Blued CZ-82 with checkered Wattle with clear shallac red finish Marschal grips.

Blued CZ-82 with Padauk, clear shellac finish, checkered Marschal grips.

Blued CZ-82 with original military plastic grips.

I added some new wood Marschal grips to some recently acquired and refinished CZ-82 handguns. Those on the left are in original military grips, the middle ones are Duracoated with Marschal grips and the right side are "parkerized" with Marschal grips.

- Black Blade
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Nice group of CZ's.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
sapo

Post by sapo »

Go here and look at my Duracoated CZ-82

viewtopic.php?t=2289
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4331
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4345

I took the trigger guard off mine then sand blasted it with Aluminum oxide. Under the paint they have sort of a parkerized finish. I did it in H&K Black, ordered a set of night sights from CZUSA and installed them while the gun was torn down.