Picked up a CZ 82.

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
gwbiker

Picked up a CZ 82.

Post by gwbiker »

....for $230 with one 12 round magazine. First step is a thorough clean and lube, the it's off to the indoor range.

A complete disassembly is in the works and maybe paint removal and a complete bluing.

One thing I'm aware of - compete disassembly of the CZ 82 won't be a piece of cake, like my 1960 DDR Makarov.
Dwight

Re: Picked up a CZ 82.

Post by Dwight »

gwbiker wrote:One thing I'm aware of - compete disassembly of the CZ 82 won't be a piece of cake...
Well, the dis-assembly isn't near as tough as the re-assembly!

Truthfully, the only "rough" part is getting the seer spring engaged properly. There are some great guides out there that will help you through it.

Congrats on acquiring a really fine pistol.

Dwight
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Great pistols. Mine doesnt like the Wolff conical shaped 100gr, too many failures to feed.

Silver Bear runs perfect.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

Thanks....I couldn't pass it up.... SN292xx. Marked Czech Republic. It might be my daily Tucson CC/OC if it's as accurate as my 1960 DDR Makarov.

I'm leaning toward a complete strip down, paint removal and hot bluing.

EDIT: Got a phone call from LGS where I bought the CZ82. Seems there were additional items that came with the handgun. So, I ended with with a CZ82, (she 88x), TWO CZ 12 round magazines, Czech black holster and magazine carrier, both in mint condition and CZ IB in English....all for $230+tax.

Interestingly, the CZ82 sat in the LGS for over three months before being rescued by me.