CZ-82 Range Day

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
sapo

CZ-82 Range Day

Post by sapo »

Took my little CZ-82 to the range today after I rebuilt and duracoated it again. Wasn't happy with the first rebuild. I didn't take it completely apart and I had blasting media in the workings. The little spring that controls the Automatic safety had gotten bent some how and the gun would fire double action only. I had replaced all the springs including this one. This little spring is a PITA :oops: to replace but I have gotten good at just removing the grips, main spring and ejector to give me access to it. Now the gun works the way it is supposed to. I need to get some extra slide stop springs to have on hand. CZ-USA sells a new version now and it won't fit my pistol without a hole drilled in the frame. I stuck a set of tritium night sights on the pistol too. Took the little Colt 1908 Novak Custom .380 for some play time too.

Last edited by sapo on October 23rd, 2011, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Only Sarge

Re: CZ-82 Range Day

Post by The Only Sarge »

Very nice man.....
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

Good looking pistols! I like that Colt, what all did you do to it?
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
sapo

Post by sapo »

http://www.novaksights.com/products/sights/index.html

I had the little Colt for years and one day while shooting it the front sight started to work loose. I had a gun smith restake it but he didn't do too well of a job and in less than a box of ammo, it came loose for good. :shock: Now I had a gun without a front sight, good luck finding one. I had seen one on line that Novak did so I sent mine in. They bead blasted it, reblued and dovetailed the slide for the sights. Installed new springs. I like it, don't plan on getting rid of it. As a collectors piece, it may have had some value but as a shooter for me, it has more. It wasn't 100%. Maybe 80%. Some of the bluing was worn, it had small fine scratches, the grip safety bluing was almost gone. I have its smaller brother too. The grips I found on line. Better to shoot it than let it be a safe queen.

juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Those Novak sights look real cool! The pistol itself looks real nice as well.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

That is a slick classic pistol! Novak did a good job on it, but you would expect that from his company. You gave that little Colt a new lease on life. Thanks for showing the pictures!
From Above Only & Not Beneath!