CZ-82 For $200 on Gun Broker, 1 Day Left

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
pshootr

CZ-82 For $200 on Gun Broker, 1 Day Left

Post by pshootr »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =234969666
Decent looking CZ-82 with one mag for $200.
Not my gun. Don't know seller. One day left.
BorisThespider

Re: CZ-82 For $200 on Gun Broker, 1 Day Left

Post by BorisThespider »

Since it's not yours, I won't feel bad for pointing out the better deal at Widener's. CZ-82 with holster, two magazines, cleaning rod, and lanyard. All for $199.99, with shipping included. Mine should be arriving tomorrow or Monday.

Edit - May help to include link: http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm? ... =100000116
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Gunbroker is kind of a frustrating place to look. Maybe it's because where I live, guns really aren't that expensive. It's just dumb when folks go on there with mediocre deals and expect to charge big money for them. When I bought my CZ82, I got it from Aim Surplus. It was $219 with free shipping. Had two magazines and a holster (that didn't fit right, lol). However, just a magazine for those '82's are expensive and sometimes hard to acquire. So after you spend $200 for the one mag pistol, $25 in shipping, another $20 some or more for the FFL transfer fee, and then $30 or more for a magazine if you can find one, you have a lot tied up for something you could have gotten in better condition from a respected internet seller like Aim or Wideners. That Widener's deal is a super deal.

I am not at all slandering pshootr. He simply put something was on sale for all to see. Maybe for some folks it would be a good deal. Like Boris, I wanted to point out that some "deals" aren't really good deals after all. Thanks pshootr for sharing the link. I mostly just get mad at Gunbroker auctions. My CZ82 is a pretty darn good shooting gun and it's one of my favorites due to the way it perfectly fits my hand.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I sent that guy a message and sent him the link that Boris provided. Told him he may want to re-think his price a little bit. Obviously the gun didn't sell and he relisted it for the same price. It's obviously his gun so he can do whatever he wants to with it. He may send me hate mail back and he may just say thanks but no thanks. Or he may say thanks and adjust his price a little. I guess I don't care.
BorisThespider

Post by BorisThespider »

juniustaylor wrote:I sent that guy a message and sent him the link that Boris provided. Told him he may want to re-think his price a little bit. Obviously the gun didn't sell and he relisted it for the same price. It's obviously his gun so he can do whatever he wants to with it. He may send me hate mail back and he may just say thanks but no thanks. Or he may say thanks and adjust his price a little. I guess I don't care.
I find myself doing things like that rather often for some reason. I saw a Makarov on another site and the guy had very little information in the description. He was asking a great price, but I couldn't even tell whether it was a regular or commercial version. I sent him a little note, mentioning the things people who buy those look for in a listing.

As far as gunbroker, I get frustrated there too. The very rare deal seems to skyrocket to well above normal before the end of the auction. I suppose it may be the best place to sell because I often see guns on there for a lot more than other websites - and they generally sell too.

And of course, I didn't mean any offense to the OP. I just happened to know Widener's has a better deal because I just ordered from them. I really wanted to get two, but it was hard enough to convince the wife to let me have one without selling another one first. By the by, it arrived at my FFL dealer (true, I don't have a C&R...yet) Friday, but it was lacking some paperwork so I have to wait for Monday to pick it up. Even so, that will be exactly one week from the time it was ordered - not bad.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Yeah, evidently some folks are dumb enough to keep bidding up and up on something that is already way overpriced as it is. Guess they get some form of fever or something. That is cool that the gun came in... lame about the paperwork though. Oh well, you'll get it soon enough and go out blasting and having fun.

By the way... the gunbroker seller said "Thanks for your input." He probably thinks I'm one of those annoying people that points stupid stuff out, but at the same time, I think he's a crook. So, in the end no one wins. :) Just comes out to doing research and buying from the best source.