Is there a trick to removing the sear on a PA 63?

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
thx1971

Is there a trick to removing the sear on a PA 63?

Post by thx1971 »

Well i was just told by a couple of people that the sear on my gun is tweaked, i stripped everything off the gun except for the sear. That sear looks like a puzzle piece ive tried every which way to get it out of the recevier and it wont budge,the way its made you cant really get it out the slots in the recevier but someone got it in there, any advice on how to get that out?
thx1971

Re: Is there a trick to removing the sear on a PA 63?

Post by thx1971 »

I came to the conclusion that there is absoulutley no way to remove the sear from a PA 63 without cutting an extra slot in the receciever to remove it or cutting the ears off the sear .I really do think the sear was put in while the rececevier was machined. :?:
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

thx1971

the only thing that holds the sear in place are the sear pins, and they just pop out, unless some one glued them in, you might want to soak in it in some acetone

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
thx1971

Post by thx1971 »

I have the 2 little sear retaning pins out,the sear pictured here is the part that is darn near almost impossible to remove from the firearm without doing damage to it or the recevier in the process of removal

chimera

Post by chimera »

IIRC it goes out the right side.
Move it to the right side so that the small side of the sear goes thru the big hole left by the hammer pin.
You rotate it in two axes and out that side.
thx1971

Post by thx1971 »

Ugghhh,, I give up trying to get that sear out of the frame, i tried to turn it this way and that, its like trying to put a square object through a round hole.The hungarians must of magically installed the sear.
gloob

Post by gloob »

It's an IQ test. You failed. J/K. It took me forever and a day to get it out the first time. Now it's easy, but I can't even begin to describe how to do it. Just what Chimera said. It comes out the right side. Take the hammer and hammer strut out, first.
thx1971

Post by thx1971 »

gloob wrote:It's an IQ test. You failed. J/K. It took me forever and a day to get it out the first time. Now it's easy, but I can't even begin to describe how to do it. Just what Chimera said. It comes out the right side. Take the hammer and hammer strut out, first.
I tried several times to get the sear out, maybe you could post a video of you removing the sear.
jcrntx

Post by jcrntx »

Well, I happened to have the AGI video for Walther PPks on the shelf and it shows it very nicely, just have to remove the pins and then angle it around and remove one side at a time, while rotating... I guess it helped to have the video!
jcrntx

Post by jcrntx »

chimera wrote:IIRC it goes out the right side.
Move it to the right side so that the small side of the sear goes thru the big hole left by the hammer pin.
You rotate it in two axes and out that side.
Yes, what he said!