How much for a PA-63

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
nightwatch

How much for a PA-63

Post by nightwatch »

I was in a local shop today that has a PA-63 that is new in box and in perfect condition. What's a going price? They want $243 firm. I imagine that's high but it sure is beautiful. Unless someone here tells me that is way too high, I might not be able to resist!! Thanks!!!
"If it's easy...... why bother"
mikeh1

Re: How much for a PA-63

Post by mikeh1 »

IMO even new in the box, it's a bit high priced, I got mine for $159 and it looked unfired
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

A firm price of $243 does seem a bit high. Does it come with two OEM magazines?

FWTW, there are two FEG PA-63 for private sale in Phoenix. $190 and $170. Both come with two magazines and WOLFF spring work.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

MIKE

PA-63 are getting scares , there are still some around under $200, but not many

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
nightwatch

Post by nightwatch »

OK, so it appears they are getting harder to find. But as I said, this PA-63 at $243 firm is at a local shop. Therefore, NO shipping, NO transfer fee, which would bring any guns bought elsewhere at $159 and up to over $200 and I would be buying a gun without actually seeing and checking it out. I have held this one in my hands and it is absolutley MINT condition. Not a scratch or wear anywhere on it. So I guess the issue is whether or not I'm willing to pay 20 or 30 bucks extra for what I know is an absolutley perfect pistol. Thanks guys for your input. I guess I'll try to get the price down a little or else bite the bullet and fork over the dough. Sometimes you're sorry when you pass on something over a few bucks. Good shooting to all!
"If it's easy...... why bother"
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

"Sometimes you're sorry when you pass on something over a few bucks."

Truer words were never spoken. I've made that mistake more than once, but I now know that if I overpay a few dollars for a gun it'll soon even out thanks to inflation, scarcity value etc. You could ask the shop if they'd throw in a box of ammo or something else to sweeten the deal, but $243 OTD for a perfect specimen PA-63 isn't out of line.
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

SOG has them for $140.00 and You can buy spare mags for 12.99. shipping is 15-20.00 and transfers fee. I only pay $15 for a transfer fee in my area and if you buy and have it shipped in you usually don't have to pay sales tax. If you have a conceal carry permit you don't have to do a background check either.

SOG also offers customer satisfaction. If you don't like it they will take it back.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

""""SOG also offers customer satisfaction. If you don't like it they will take it back."""That is true BUT you still pay shipping and a transfer fee .. I had done business for years but stopped on a deal on a P64 that was advertised as excellent but was really ruff.. good thing was I did a refinish and now is my excellent carry..
For a whilethey where one of the best deals around value wise. There were sales all over the place now they have dried up again.. " I do agree to see and feel and touch is worth the few bucks extra. and when you count shipping and etc it is negligable locally here 225 seems to be the normal range
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

They're currently $150 from southern ohio gun, and mags are $13. I have one from this batch it looks brand new, like it was made yesterday. It didn't even have a touch of cosmoline on it either.