Wolf in a CZ 82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
michaelap

Wolf in a CZ 82

Post by michaelap »

Anyone have opinions (from experience) on using wolf in a CZ 82? I just acquired one, haven't cleaned it up and/or fired it yet but I have a bunch of military classic from a few years ago.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Wolf in a CZ 82

Post by normsutton »

michaelap

I its you gun but I wouldn't use it , there are threads on why not to use it all over this board
but like I said its your gun

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

I remembered your warnings but I thought it was mainly the P-64. Thanks.
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

I found brown bear for $8.89/box at cheaper than dirt. I haven't been on these boards very much last year or two but I remember brown bear being talked about alot.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

michaelap

it's suppose to be good ammo

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

I know that Norm has something against Wolf ammo but I use it all the time in my SKS, Makarov, CZ-82, PA-63 and P-64. I have never had a jam or dud or any kind of problem in the 15+ years I have used it. I also use Brown Bear and Silver Bear. I don't usually shoot anything of 95 gr in my pistols except some 115gr Hp Brown Bear for my Makarov. I also reload my own 93gr LRN.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Pierced primers ,no primer touch hole, no power, they have made paper weights out of more guns and rifles than any other ammo company , that's steel ammo, not the gold stuff its made by Prvi Partizan

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dwd

Post by dwd »

I don't mean to hijack this thread but:
Norm, I have always respected your opinion of wolf ammo and I have bought my last box when I found out the possibilities. I read recently on another forum that Tula ammo is really the same as wolf ammo, it's just boxed Tula. Tula is the cheapest 9mm luger ammo available right now and I wonder if I should avoid it too? I shoot it in rugers, so I know they will fix it if it breaks. I just don't want to break it.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

dwd
try and see , if you ever work in a company that makes the same product, and sell it under 2 different name, the one that doesn't have the actual company name on it is the poorest quality , wolf dos not the actual make ammo they buy it cheep so they can sell it , wolf gold is a higher quality , because the of the actual company that makes it is one of the best company's out making ammo , but wolf gold is still not the quality of Prvi Partizan , but is still good ammo because of parent company
Tula I here is very good ammo don't know , never shot any of it , the only ammo I use any more is stuff I reload , and that goes for everything I shoot

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

The wolf black box is basically Tula.
Wolf is a company that imports ammo. They import all kinds of ammo made by several manufacturers. The military classic is made by Ulyanovsk in Russia. The regular wolf is made by Tula. Their shotgun and 22rf is made in Germany and the wolf gold line is made in Serbia......