With my P.83 on the Way, I wanted to ask about Recoil.

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Hobe Sound P.83

With my P.83 on the Way, I wanted to ask about Recoil.

Post by Hobe Sound P.83 »

I recall having a walther PPK in .380ACP long ago back in the late 80's. It hurt my Hand to fire it! I later found out that unlike a Walther PP or PPK/S It did not have a Backstrap on the Frame, so your Hand's absorbed the full Impact of the Recoil. My question for you all as this is my first P.83, has it ever hurt your Hand's to fire it? Paul :?:
CRY HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE FALCONS OF ATLANTA!
hangfire

Re: With my P.83 on the Way, I wanted to ask about Recoil.

Post by hangfire »

I've only fired my P83 one time. I didn't find the recoil to be unpleasant at all.

The P83 has one design feature that I don't like, that being the absence of a cutout where the back of the trigger guard meets the frontstrap. The P64 has a nice smooth indentation at that point that supports the middle finger of the shooting hand. With the P83 the trigger guard sits squarely on the finger which, for me at least, gets uncomfortable after a while. All in all though a very neat, imho underrated milsurp pistol. hangfire
DocCasualty

Post by DocCasualty »

I was able to take mine out for the first time today. Very comfortable to shoot. I shot 50 rnd of Silver Bear 95gr FMJ and probably another 15-20 rnds of MKS FMJ without any discomfort at all. Pretty similar to shooting my PM, I'd say. Not quite the snap you feel with a P-64.

NRA Life Member

Stingray

Post by Stingray »

Recoil on my P83 seems pretty light to me. I feel the same about all of my 9x18s really.

-S
Hobe Sound P.83

Post by Hobe Sound P.83 »

Yea I fired it twice this weekend put 400 Rounds througt it. It did very well, and most accurate Makarov Caliber Pistol I have ever fired. much better sights.
CRY HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE FALCONS OF ATLANTA!