P83 Round hammer replacement for Spur Hammer. Any Interest?

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
back in the ussr

P83 Round hammer replacement for Spur Hammer. Any Interest?

Post by back in the ussr »

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I'm on the Makarov.com gunboards forum all the time. I was wondering if there is any interest in a newly manufactured round hammer replacement for the spur hammer on the p83. The new hammer would be modeled after the commercial variety below. It would be excellent for concealment as well as range shooting. Please reply to thread, or pm me.
Thanks, Will

bvd1

Re: P83 Round hammer replacement for Spur Hammer. Any Inter

Post by bvd1 »

I have both, and yes I would be interested in one. I don't like the spur type hammer.
back in the ussr

BVD1 I know you're interested from the replies on the makarov forum. I definetly have people that want these so far. I'm suprised I haven't seen more interest from this board since it's dedicated to a Polish pistol. Do any of you guys have p83's?
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

Well, I think a round hammer would mean more to me if I were looking to CC the P-83 regularly. I carry at a university (I love Utah for that), so the smaller size of the P-64 wins out over the additional 2 rounds the P-83 could give me for daily CC.

My P-83 is pretty much a range gun, with occasional trips on my hip when I OC (I like to rotate what I carry for OC, so all my girls get "fresh air" and attention regularly. ;) ). So I can really go either way in regards to the hammer design.
mpi

Post by mpi »

the hammer should ship out early this week!
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

I'd be interested, what's the cost?

-S
back in the ussr

Stingray, I will post the price once I know for certain. Right now I'm waiting to recieve the round hammer any day. Once I get it down to my guy his lead time is 2 weeks out or less. I should know the price soon, and have production stock ready in the next month, or so. Thanks for your interest!
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

I ended up selling my P83 to a friend of mine, but I'll ask him if he's interested in this.

-S
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Any one hear any more about this hammer?
mpi

Post by mpi »

i sent him my hammer and after some time it was determined that the machinist couldn't do it for a reasonable price! the project is dead in the water!
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

I haven't approached anyone on making anything for the Polish pistols. I do have a guy about 40 miles away who has been doing a lot of Sig and Beretta custom parts, I'll have to shoot him an e-mail and see if any of it interests him. I do have an extra firing pin, not sure if its the long or short one for the 64, and I might have a safety for one too. As for a round hammer for the 83 I'll see if he's willing to consider any new projects at all and may need to see if you're willing to ship one out again mpi. Here's a link to his shop and a link to the Beretta forums prototype trigger he's doing.
http://www.customizedcreationz.com
http://www.berettaforum.net/vb/showthread.php?t=69603