Found Replacement Grips for P.83.

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Hobe Sound P.83

Found Replacement Grips for P.83.

Post by Hobe Sound P.83 »

Hello from Hobe Sound, Fla. I will be getting a P.83 Soon. I found in my search's on gunbroker.com a Seller out of Poland has new P.83 Grip's for 25.00 shipped. thought some of you would like to know. Paul
Attachments
P.83 Grips.jpg
CRY HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE FALCONS OF ATLANTA!
polock

Re: Found Replacement Grips for P.83.

Post by polock »

Thanks for sharing--
Hobe Sound P.83

Sure! He is on http://www.gunbroker.com has the Seller Name of Fullriede, He lives in Kolobrzeg, Poland. He is also selling me a P.83 Manual which he found. When I get it I plan on contacting the Mod's and see if I can get it posted and maybe translated as well. He also has the Repair Manual for 50.00 but I did not need it. Paul
Hobe Sound P.83

This may have been his only set, not sure, but If you contact him I am sure he can get some more. Paul
fknipfer1

Post by fknipfer1 »

Junius Taylor of this site has a P-83 Owners manual translated I thought he was going to put it on this site for reloads. I have P-83 its a 1988 model and if I had it to do over again I would have bought a nice P64 and put some heavy springs in. Mine is kinda rough and the safety is very tough completely disassembled cleaned and tried to smooth up to no avail just a rough made pistol.

fknipfer1
US Army Veteran
NRA Life Member 1965
Am not a collector more of an accumlator
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

It's roughly translated and it's only as good as Google could do it. Some words Google didn't know so those are left as they were. If there was a part of the paragraph that was weird, but I could figure out the concept, then I typed it up so it was understandable. It has a decent history and is limited on actual disassembly. Parts breakdown is okay, but some of the terms Google didn't translate well and I guessed or left it as it was.
DocCasualty

Post by DocCasualty »

juniustaylor wrote: is limited on actual disassembly.
jt,

How do you disassemble the slide group? I read where you made mention of grabbing the firing pin with a hemostat, which I did. I couldn't figure out how to remove the safety though. I tried every permutation I could think of and to no avail.

I did pick up this P-83 from the FFL from AIM last week. I soaked and cleaned it up, short of pulling the firing pin/safety assembly. My wife is giving this to me for Father's Day, so I won't be taking it out for a couple of weeks yet but kind of a nifty pistol. Rougher than the P-64 in appearance, though looks highly functional.

I'll post pics when I officially "receive it". LOL!

NRA Life Member

juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Ken, I do not have a P-83. I simply worked on making the manual in English for fknipfer1 (a good friend of mine). He does have one and has taken it apart. Send him a PM and he can tell you. I'd assume it may be similar to the P-64.
fknipfer1

Post by fknipfer1 »

Ken,
Put the safety half way between the full stroke of the safety. When in this position push the firing pin completely in and hold it so it cannot come back. In this position you can push the whole assembly out very slowly as there is another spring and pin that guides the slot push the ident in on the small spring and the whole assembly will slide out. The key is you have to hold the firing pin and spring in so they don't contact any of the safety assembly.

fknipfer1
US Army Veteran
NRA Life Member 1965
Am not a collector more of an accumlator
Hobe Sound P.83

Hey JT can you post that Manual? Paul
DocCasualty

Post by DocCasualty »

fknipfer1 wrote:Ken,
Put the safety half way between the full stroke of the safety. When in this position push the firing pin completely in and hold it so it cannot come back. In this position you can push the whole assembly out very slowly as there is another spring and pin that guides the slot push the ident in on the small spring and the whole assembly will slide out. The key is you have to hold the firing pin and spring in so they don't contact any of the safety assembly.

fknipfer1
Thanks for the replies. I'll look at it again tonight when I get home. I'll bet I was ingnoring the other spring/detent you mention.

NRA Life Member

juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I do believe this is what fknipfer1 is saying...
Push the firing pin (10) as far in as it will go so it will compress the firing pin spring (11). Use hemostats to lock it in this position. Now, rotate the safety (13) between safe and fire. This will get the safety detent (14) out of either indent and has slightly compressed its spring (15). From here you should be able to push it out the side like on the P-64. I use this method on the P-64 and its easier to push the safety out since you don't have to fight the detent out of either indent.
DocCasualty

Post by DocCasualty »

Thanks for that clarification.

NRA Life Member