Serious question about CZ-82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
mirother

Re: Serious question about CZ-82

Post by mirother »

mattwestm,
Your method seems right to me. It seems that the double action pull is the real safety. The safety when cocked is too easy to accidentally knock off.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

mattwestm wrote:How do you guys carry your CZ-82. I usually carry with a round in the tube, but uncocked. I've never been a fan of cocked and locked (in a IWB atleast).
mirother wrote:mattwestm,
Your method seems right to me. It seems that the double action pull is the real safety. The safety when cocked is too easy to accidentally knock off.
I'd agree with both of you. Keep in mind there is a reason why, when discussing modern shooting techniques, a gun on safe is referred to as "A Dead Man's Gun".
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
toivo

Post by toivo »

A CZ-82 isn't the easiest gun to rack, but not the hardest either. I had an instructor explain to me the best way to rack an auto-pistol: Don't pinch the slide with two fingers and try to pull it back; grab it with your whole hand and try to rip it off the gun. It will rack.

The Beretta with tip-up barrel does deal with the racking issue, but there's an unfortunate side effect: since there's no extractor, what do you do if the round doesn't go off? You have to tip the barrel up and try to pull or shake the round out. That's not something you want to be trying to do in a crisis. It's less of an issue with the .32 Tomcat than with the rimfire Bobcat, but I don't like the idea of a defense gun that can't be racked to clear a dud.